Global Post Department Coordinator
Amazon StudiosSanta Monica, CA
Full Time Job
Are you interested in shaping the future of movies and television?
Do you want to define the next generation of how and what Amazon customers are watching? Prime Video is one of the leading digital video services on the Internet today, and we're just getting started changing the way millions of people enjoy content. Now available in more than 240 countries and territories, Prime Video offers customers the broadest selection of any on-demand video service, including our critically-acclaimed Amazon Originals such as the Emmy Award-winning comedies Fleabag and The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, Tom Clancy's Jack Ryan, The Boys, Mindy Kaling's Late Night, Donald Glover's Guava Island, the Academy Award-winning Manchester by the Sea, Academy Award-nominated The Big Sick, exclusives, and live concerts and sports.
Amazon Studios is the movies and television development and production arm of Amazon. It is our role to produce original content and license studio programs worldwide in exclusive service of Amazon's Prime Video customers. We need your passion, innovative ideas, and creativity to help take us to new heights.
We are seeking a experienced Post Production Department Coordinator to support the Global Head of Post Production in building our team's global presence and operating plan. We are looking for a creative, strategic, and administratively adept person with a passion for series and movies who thrives in a highly collaborative environment but is also comfortable working autonomously.
You will be supporting both executive administration and post production initiatives. You will be completing strategic team projects, while reacting with urgency to situations and events that require quick response or turnaround. You will use your excellent communication and written skills to respond to situations and requests. We look forward to you using your creativity to solve interesting and complex problems that affect the teams and productions with which you will be working.
• Develop and maintain day-to-day schedules prioritizing activities with good judgment and business understanding, proactively identifying and resolving scheduling conflicts
• Facilitate coordination, documentation, and communication for inter-departmental meetings and outcomes across multiple timezones and countries
• Track and drive completion of key deliverables and follow up on outstanding items as needed
• Own on-boarding process and space management for expanding global team
• Manage all administrative support functions, including meeting preparation, such as distributing copies, video and conference call coordination, supply ordering, and team event coordination
• Plan and maintain annual calendar of events and schedules
• Maintain organizational hierarchy charts
• Support the Global Head in all department-related and content-related projects, internal and external requests, and special team initiatives
• Interface with all levels of Amazon Studios, IMDb TV, and Amazon employees, and assist in communication with external stakeholders on a daily basis
• Perform internal and external research on topics including policies, procedures, technical workflows, post mortems, vendors, market trends, etc.
• Shadow post production projects as requested
• Contribute as a member of the Post Production team to ensure group success, including working closely with Post Production Executives and Coordinators
• Assist with post production team training and workshops
• Work closely with other Post Coordinators to develop best practices for Post Production team
• Manage domestic and international travel itineraries and expense reports as required
• Travel as required in support of Global Head
Due to the volume of applications we've received for this role, the hiring team will only schedule exploratory calls with candidates who meet the basic qualifications and requirements: experience in an assistant role at a network, studio, or post production company.
• 2 years of technical experience on episodic and film workflows
• 2 years of experience in coordination, project management, asset operations or post delivery
• BA/BS or equivalent experience
• 2 years' experience as an assistant at a studio, post production vendor, or post production company
• Experience coordinating, documenting, and communicating inter-departmental meetings and outcomes
• Experience using productivity and communications tools including Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Powerpoint, and Word