Global Localization Department Coordinator
Amazon StudiosSanta Monica, CA
Full Time Job
Are you interested in shaping the future of movies and television? Do you want to define the next generation of how and what Amazon customers are watching? Prime Video is one of the leading digital video services on the Internet today, and we're just getting started changing the way millions of people enjoy content. In 200 countries, Prime Video offers customers the broadest selection of any on-demand video service, including our critically-acclaimed Amazon Originals such as the Emmy Award-winning comedies Fleabag and The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, Tom Clancy's Jack Ryan, The Boys, Mindy Kaling's Late Night, Donald Glover's Guava Island, the Academy Award-winning Manchester by the Sea, Academy Award-nominated The Big Sick, exclusives, and live concerts and sports.
Amazon Studios is the movies and television development and production arm of Amazon. It is our role to localize original content and license studio programs in exclusive service of Amazon's Prime Video worldwide customers. We need your passion, innovative ideas, and creativity to help take us to new heights.
We are seeking an experienced Localization Department Coordinator to support the Head of Global Localization in building our team's global presence and operating plan. We are looking for a creative, strategic, and administratively adept person with a passion for series and movies who thrives in a highly collaborative environment but is also comfortable working autonomously. The Department Coordinator is responsible for a high volume of tasks including calendar management, organization of localization documents, and data tracking, frequent coordination with administrative assistants and coordinators inside and outside the company, and detailed global itineraries. This is a growth opportunity for those passionate about Localization and becoming Localization managers.
The successful candidate will be able to effectively multi-task, juggling both administration and localization initiatives. A detail oriented, organized planner with the demonstrated ability to deliver results and respond efficiently while maintaining flexibility. A positive attitude despite the pressures of a fast-paced environment is essential. The position requires bias for action with little to no guidance, effectively managing multiple priorities with strong judgment and savvy problem solving skills.
You will have the ability to independently complete strategic team projects, reacting with appropriate urgency and expertise to situations and events that require quick response or turnaround. You will use your excellent communication and written skills to respond to situations and requests. The position requires the ability to build effective working relationships with internal and external stakeholders at the studio and project level, maintaining a comprehensive understanding of the organization and concrete grasp of team objectives. Experience working with entertainment and localization industry professionals is a plus.
Duties & Responsibilities include:
• Support the Head of Global Localization in all department-related and content-related projects, internal and external requests, and special team initiatives
• Contribute as a member of the Localization team and work closely with senior team members to ensure group success
• Own on-boarding documentation & assist with team training
• Plan and maintain an annual calendar of team events and schedules
• Facilitate summits and associated presentation materials
• Develop and maintain day-to-day schedules prioritizing activities with good judgment and business understanding, proactively identify and resolve scheduling conflicts
• Facilitate coordination, documentation, and communication for inter-departmental meetings and outcomes across multiple time zones and countries
• Manage all administrative support functions, including meeting preparation such as distributing copies, video and conference call coordination, supply ordering
• Compile and distribute notes for various team meetings
• Track and drive completion of key deliverables and follow up on outstanding items as needed
• Manage domestic and international travel itineraries and expense reports as required
• Maintain organizational hierarchy charts
• Interface with all levels of Amazon Studios, IMDb TV, and Prime Video employees, and assist in communication with external stakeholders on a daily basis
• Perform internal and external research on topics including policies, procedures, technical workflows, post mortems, vendors, market trends, etc.
• Shadow Localization projects as requested
• Update and distribute studio contact lists and team wiki to ensure that they are managed per studio requirements.
• Maintain relationships with vendors and project level counterparts
• Wants a career in Localization, has familiarity with a variety of centralized Subtitling and Dubbing localization workflows across multiple regions and languages
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, ability to collate and report data accurately
• Self- motivated, organized individual who is able to work independently and effectively in an ambiguous environment, while being able to contribute successfully to cross-functional teams
• Demonstrated ability to prioritize and handle multiple assignments in a fast paced environment
• High levels of integrity, discretion and experience handling confidential information
• Positive, proactive and able to always exercise great judgment, team oriented philosophy
• Superior Outlook, Excel, SharePoint, PowerPoint and Microsoft Word management skills