Amazon StudiosSanta Monica, CA
Full Time Job
The Amazon Studios finance team is seeking an experienced Financial Analyst to partner with the Music Licensing Team supporting Prime Video and Amazon Studios. The Financial Analyst will provide strategic guidance, financial analysis and deal support for evaluating Prime Video and Amazon Studios licenses with music collective management organizations ('Performing Rights Organizations' or 'PROs') worldwide. The Financial Analyst will also drive improvements across financial reporting, financial planning & analysis and analytics.
This role requires a self-starter with strong analytics, business acumen, keen attention to detail and a track record of influencing senior business leaders to drive the organization to the right result. This role has regular interaction with various teams across Amazon Studios and Prime Video and requires strong verbal and written communication skills, as well as the ability to think both strategically and tactically, analyze quantitatively and problem-solve. The successful candidate will have operated in a fast-paced, global, results-oriented environment and will be able to prioritize multiple projects to efficiently execute deliverables. This role will collaborate with business partners worldwide and must display a strong initiative for anticipating and meeting the business demands of senior-level executives.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone looking to broaden their entertainment industry experience at a growing Studio. Our team culture is goal orientated and fast paced. We are motivated by the challenge and success to produce premium content in the ever-changing digital entertainment business.
This position will be based in Santa Monica.
Key responsibilities include:
• Work hands on to create complex financial models to analyze the expected financial impact of music licensing deals to Amazon Studios and Prime Video.
• Work closely with business partners to influence new music licensing strategies and provide deal and negotiation support.
• Collaborate with various teams throughout the organization to gather inputs and build reporting processes, including the creation of new tools/systems/dashboards that enable internal teams to analyze music licensing costs and value-drivers.
• Partner with Digital Video finance, Original TV and Movies business teams, and accounting team members across the globe to construct and implement improvements relating to the financial forecasting/planning and reporting process.
• BA/BS degree in Finance, Accounting, Business, Math, Economics, Engineering or similar discipline with an analytical bias.
• 3 plus years in finance roles with progressively increasing levels of responsibility.
• Advanced degree (MBA) preferred
Experience in a finance business partnering role.
• Experience creating business cases and driving financial conclusions; strong analytical and problem solving skills.
• Track record of achieving effective results in a fast-paced, growing and ambiguous environment.
• Attention to detail and the ability to successfully manage multiple competing priorities.
• An eye for continuous process improvement, including the ability to innovate and simplify finance and operational processes.
• Advanced proficiency in Excel and experience with data visualization tools like Tableau or similar BI tools preferred. .
• Previous Entertainment, Media, Music industry experience preferred.
• Experience working with large-scale data mining and reporting tools (i.e. SQL, MS Access, Essbase and/or Cognos) and other financial systems such (e.g. Oracle).
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.