Amazon StudiosSanta Monica, CA
Full Time Job
The Amazon Prime Video team is shaping the future of digital video entertainment. The Original Content group focuses on ensuring we invest in the most promising original content for our customers and invent and implement policies and procedures to protect the investment of Amazon in original content. We are seeking a Financial Analyst with the Amazon Studios team to manage the expanding original content production.
This position involves many ad hoc projects, and therefore a successful candidate will have the ability to tackle multiple projects and efficiently execute deliverables. The right individual will have exceptional Finance skills and strong understanding of Finance & Accounting principles, solid leadership skills and very strong technical skills that will help driving an organization to the right results.
He or she will have operated successfully in a fast-paced, global, results-oriented environment, and have the ability to influence the decisions of senior business leaders through effective verbal and written communication, logical reasoning, and the presentation of alternatives. The successful candidate must be able to think and act both strategically and tactically. Strong oral and written communication skills are crucial, as well as ability to think clearly, analyze quantitatively, problem-solve, scope technical requirements and prioritize.
The team needs a self-starter, who is able to work effectively autonomously and drive projects with the team and cross-functionally with other teams including Development, Production & Operations, and Accounting. The candidate will need to able to collaborate with business partners both domestically as well as abroad and must display strong initiative for anticipating and meeting the business demands of senior-level business managers.
• Create complex financial models, projections and sensitivities for original TV Series and consolidate the same from all WW territories.
• Analyze TV Series license agreements, co-production agreements, distribution agreements, and other relevant deals.
• Assess financial impact of new ventures or other agreements.
• Independently partner with Production, Budgeting and Forecasting and other departments to develop business model assumptions and be able to effectively communicate the modeling results back to these constituents.
• Continually develop and improve forecasting methodologies using technology to simplify models.
• Ownership of key metrics to support budgeting and forecasting process, as well as monitoring and forecasting for the original television content business
• Partner with Accounting and Production teams to track efficiency of production spend and assist with month-end accruals and forecasting
• Own weekly/monthly/quarterly financial reporting
• Support SFA in the 3 year planning and 1 year operating plan process end-to-end for original TV content
• Compiling thoughtful post-mortem analyses to determine areas for optimization and improvement
• Perform deep dives to understand business processes and their financials impact
• Create and drive innovative solutions that will enable the finance org to maintain effective controllership in a high growth business
• Develop/improve financial reporting processes, controls, and policies
• Work closely with all internal stakeholders – Accounting, FinTech, Finance, etc. – in building a sub-ledger for all financial reporting for Amazon Studios
• Work across multiple Finance teams including Production Finance, Development Finance, Residuals & Participations, FP&A, Revenue & Distribution, to coordinate automation efforts
This role will be based in Santa Monica, California
• Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, Mathematics or a similar field and a minimum 3 years of experience in finance or a related analytical field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Knowledge of the entertainment and production business
• Proficiency in financial software and systems including Excel, Access, and COGNOS. Knowledge of SQL, database, and data mining is highly desirable.
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple competing priorities simultaneously and drive projects to completion.
• Ability to build and manage models for business forecasting, variance analysis, and problem solving
• Bachelor's degree from top school and/or Professional accounting qualifications
• Excellent written and oral communication
• Strong organization and time management skills
• Must be very detail-oriented and meticulous in the follow through of documentation, processes and procedures
• High aptitude and enthusiasm for complex strategic problem solving utilizing financial modeling and analysis, including advanced Excel skills
• Strong capabilities for developing and presenting analyses and insights to senior management
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation