Amazon StudiosSanta Monica, CA
Full Time Job
Amazon Studios is the original film and television development and production arm of Amazon.com. Our projects include award winning comedy series TRANSPARENT, MOZART IN THE JUNGLE, and drama series BOSCH, GOLIATH, MAN IN THE CASTLE.
This position will support the production finance and the other studios operation teams of our fast growing film and television studio production business. This is an exciting opportunity to join the team at an early, high growth stage and have ownership of production accounting and production finance functions. The successful candidate will assist in the identification, creation, development, and integration of innovative solutions, internal controls and financial reporting processes.
• The individual will also be charged with overseeing the weekly and month end financial reporting process.
• Accounting research and documentation, and account reconciliation review.
• Assist with the production audit process.
• This position will team with the operating businesses to develop industry leading processes with respect to studio production finance.
• Implement industry best accounting practices for the studio project portfolio.
• Hiring and managing accounting teams for productions and ensuring they are following studio guidelines.
• Monitoring terms of collective bargaining agreements.
• Documentation of key process flows with an emphasis on improving process controllership and efficiency.
• Working with Global Financial Systems and Operations teams to implement effective solutions.
• Partnering with the business to scope and implement studio production finance and accounting solutions
This position is located in Santa Monica, California.
• BA/BS in Finance, Accounting, Business, Economics, or a highly analytical field (e.g., Engineering, Math, and Computer Science) or equivalent and a minimum 1 years of finance experience
• Excellent communication and presentation skills, both verbal and written
• Ability to effectively research, conclude on and communicate technical accounting topics.
• Advanced knowledge of MS Excel and database management
• Highly motivated, analytical, proactive and self-sufficient
• Ability to plan and manage multiple projects simultaneously
• Must be able to work independently and team up with various divisions
• Able to earn the trust and respect of clients and coworkers
• Strong organization and time management skills
• Excellent communication skills and ability to lead teams effectively across business lines.
• Experience implementing and improving business process and systems.
• Ability to work independently in a fast-paced high volume environment
• Advanced knowledge of various production accounting software: MediaWeb, Vista, PSL, Ease
• Advanced understanding of entertainment payroll. Union and guild knowledge.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation