Development Executive, Mexican Originals
Amazon StudiosSanta Monica, CA
Full Time Job
Prime Video is changing the way people watch movies and TV shows and is now available in more than 200 countries. Amazon Studios is a movie and series production company. We are seeking an experienced television executive to develop original scripted television series for Prime Video customers in Mexico (and worldwide), reporting to the Head of Mexican Originals. This job will be located in Los Angeles, California.
The ideal candidate has extensive experience in giving creative guidance and feedback to showrunners on outlines, scripts, and cuts and is fully versed in top talent -writers, directors, producers, actors- working in Mexico. Must have strong interpersonal skills and deep relationships within the industry, and excellent creative instincts on material. For this role, we are seeking someone who can apply their comprehensive knowledge of television landscape to identify & source development opportunities.
• Build relationships with show creators and creative community
• Assess series proposals, scripts, and pitches
• Work with writers, producers and artists to develop series ideas and scripts
• Supervise production when series are greenlit
• Liaison to other departments including Marketing, Press, Research, and Business and Legal Affairs
• Bachelor's degree
• 5 years of scripted series development experience and production
• Experience working at either a studio or cable/premium television network
• Extensive knowledge of the television and media industry
• Broad network of writers, producers and artists in the region
• Fluent in Spanish and English
• Strong writing and excellent communication skills
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority/Women/Disability/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation/Age
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.