Creative Director - Special Projects
Amazon StudiosCulver City, CA
Full Time Job
Creative Director Amazon Prime Video Brand - Special Projects
Amazon Prime Video and Amazon Studios is seeking an award-winning, creative, and passionate Creative Director to lead in the creation of innovative marketing campaigns and experiences that help to drive viewership of our Amazon Original programming, available to watch on Prime Video.
This year we launched unique specials like Rihanna's SavagexFenty Fashion show and Kacey Musgraves Christmas Show as well as a documentary from the Jonas Brothers - all incorporating extensions into other Amazon channels (music, fashion) while staying true to the artists' vision. This role will help expand on that approach in the coming years. The ideal candidate should LOVE entertainment and pop culture, and look to push the envelope in everything they do. This person will also help bring to life thoughtful, groundbreaking and inspirational experiences like our award-winning 2019 SDCC Prime Video Experience.
• Lead in ideation and develop of innovative, effective, and award-winning 360° marketing experiences that tell unique stories and deepen the affinity of the Amazon Prime Video and Amazon Studios brands
• Have a strong POV and creative vision along with a clear, concise ability to provide direction to internal and external partners both written and verbally
• Craft high level creative strategies and briefs and presentation decks, paired with elements like sketches and comps that help communicate concepts and campaigns to both internal and external partners
• Articulate and pitch creative concepts to peers, senior management, Executive Producers and talent
• Solve for business, customer, and stakeholder requirements while building creative that is unique, stunning and effective
• Think across platforms, mastering the idiosyncrasies of each and create tailored content across channels that help drive marketing objectives
• Instill a passion for collaboration, teamwork and inspiration throughout the Brand Creative team
• Manage complex projects that have wide impact across the business and/or spans across multiple teams or platforms
• Effectively direct and manage the development of all creative assets for marketing materials including key art and trailers; video, digital, social, event and experiential for a combination special projects that span the business
• Forecast resourcing needs and work with key stakeholders to drive a schedule for projects while prioritizing and using resources effectively, communicating needs and trade-offs if schedule is at risk
• Allocate, manage and track budgets for creative asset development
• Proactively work to solve problems and communicate to senior management, and actively seek clarification when there is ambiguity
• Communicate with key stakeholders internally (Series/Movies teams, Amazon Studios development and PV organization, Amazon internal partners) and externally (partner agencies and vendors) in a spirit of collaboration, building strong relationships with stakeholders, communicating and collaborating effectively, articulating complex issues/problems in an effective manner
• Work with senior leadership to create policies and procedures, best practices that impact the broader department.
We strive to have the best shows, not the most shows. Amazon Studios launched in 2010 as a new way to develop feature films and episodic series-one that's open to great ideas from creators and audiences around the world.
Popular movies and TV shows, and award-winning Amazon Originals like Tom Clancy's Jack Ryan, The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, The Boys, and Fleabag, plus popular titles included with Prime, premium channel subscriptions, titles available to rent or buy, live events, and more.
• A strong portfolio of work showing creative invention and innovation with the ability to articulate big and breakthrough ideas in different marketing channels.
• 10 years of creative experience
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Creative writing skills
• Deep knowledge of design and associated tools and principals (Adobe Creative Suite)
• Excellent presentation and interactive story telling ability
• Proven success in project management and execution across all forms of media, print, video, social and digital mass media.
• Must be able to multi-task, work in a fast-paced environment and maintain a sharp attention to detail