Creative Director - Amazon Original Movies
Amazon StudiosCulver City, CA
Full Time Job
Amazon Prime Video and Amazon Studios is seeking an award-winning, creative, and passionate Creative Director to lead in the creation of effective 360° marketing campaigns for Amazon Original feature films available for streaming on Prime Video. Amazon Studios' films are ambitious, award-worthy movies by visionary directors that require innovative and groundbreaking creative marketing campaigns.
We are seeking a team player who is a strategist and results-oriented creative marketing expert. This person will have the ability to handle multiple titles/tasks and has a passion for feature films. This person would help strategize and position, as well as supervise the creation & production of innovative and creative marketing assets including key art, trailers, digital assets, television spots, OOH as well as all internal O&O assets for Streaming feature films. This person would interact with filmmakers and internal stakeholders to communicate the creative vision and approach to the marketing materials for streaming films.
• Lead in ideation and develop of innovative, effective, and award-winning creative campaigns that drives viewership of the original feature film programming that we distribute through Amazon Prime Video
• Have a strong POV and creative vision along with a clear, concise ability to provide direction to internal and external partners both written and verbally
• Craft high level creative strategies and briefs and presentation decks, paired with elements like sketches and comps that help communicate concepts and campaigns to both internal and external partners
• Articulate and pitch creative concepts to peers, senior management, Filmmakers and talent reps
• Solve for business, customer, and stakeholder requirements while building creative that is unique, stunning and effective
• Think across platforms, mastering the idiosyncrasies of each and create tailored content across channels that help drive marketing objectives
• Instill a passion for collaboration, teamwork and inspiration throughout the Movies and Prime Video marketing teams
• Manage complex projects that have wide impact across the business and/or spans across multiple teams or platforms
• Promote collaboration with internal stakeholders and foster positive agency relationships to achieve high-level outcomes
• Effectively direct and manage the development of all creative materials across channels that help drive marketing objectives for films.
• Forecast resourcing needs and work with key stakeholders to drive a schedule for projects while prioritizing and using resources effectively, communicating needs and trade-offs if schedule is at risk
• Allocate, manage and track budgets for creative asset development
• Communicate with key stakeholders internally (including Brand, Social, Media as well as Amazon Studios development teams, Prime Video teams and Amazon internal partners) and externally (partner agencies and vendors) in a spirit of collaboration, building strong relationships with stakeholders, communicating and collaborating effectively, articulating complex issues/problems in an effective manner
• Work with senior leadership to create policies and procedures, best practices that impact the broader department.
Amazon Studios launched in 2010 as a new way to develop feature films and episodic series-one that's open to great ideas from creators and audiences around the world.
Popular award-winning Amazon Originals movies (Manchester By the Sea, The Big Sick, Cold War, The Report, The Aeronauts) and TV shows(Tom Clancy's Jack Ryan, The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, The Boys, and Fleabag), plus popular titles included with Prime, premium channel subscriptions, titles available to rent or buy, live events, and more.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
• 7 years of relevant marketing experience with a film studio and /or entertainment advertising agency
• A strong portfolio of work showing creative invention and innovation with the ability to articulate big and breakthrough ideas in different marketing channels.
• Experience in managing workflow for the creation of creative marketing assets - including key art, trailers, TV spots, print and digital units for multiple platforms
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Creative writing skills
• Proven success in project management and execution across all forms of media, print, video, social and digital mass media.
• Must be able to multi-task, work in a fast-paced environment and maintain a sharp attention to detail