Creative Coordinator - Programming and Development
Amazon StudiosCulver City, CA
Full Time Job
Are you interested in shaping the future of movies and television? Do you want to define the next generation of how and what Amazon customers are watching? Come build the future of digital video entertainment with us.
IMDb TV, launched in 2019, is Amazon's free, ad-supported streaming video channel, enabling customers to watch hit TV shows, top Hollywood movies and more without purchasing a subscription. IMDb TV is shaping the future of streaming entertainment by striving toward our mission to build earth's most customer-centric premium ad-supported video service, making premium licensed and original content free and convenient for hundreds of millions of customers to enjoy.
Amazon Studios, the movies and television development and production arm of Amazon, launched in 2010 as a new way to develop and produce feature films and episodic series-one that's open to great ideas from creators and audiences around the world. Amazon Studios' Original content for Prime Video is available to global Prime members, bringing customers the Golden Globe and Emmy-winning series Fleabag, The Marvelous Mrs Maisel and Transparent along with original hits like Tom Clancy's Jack Ryan, The Boys, The Grand Tour, All or Nothing, and The Man in the High Castle.
In 2020, Amazon Studios' assumed creative leadership of IMDb TV - both for licensed content and its push into Originals. Amazon Studios' Content & Programming team for is buying and making content for IMDb TV, building on the service's early success, pioneering new programs for customers, and helping define the future of the service.
The IMDb TV Content & Programming team is seeking a dynamic, self-motivated Scripted Creative Coordinator to support the Originals team as they develop series and oversee productions. We are looking for a creative, strategic and administratively adept person with a passion for TV and movies who thrives in a highly collaborative environment, but is also comfortable working autonomously. IMDb TV team members should have a persuasive, clear and professional verbal and written communication style. The successful Scripted Creative Coordinator must be comfortable with high volume, possessing the ability to problem solve on a daily basis, with and without supervision.
In this role you will effectively multi-task, juggling multiple executive and creative administration projects. You will have the ability to independently complete content and programming projects, reacting with appropriate urgency and expertise to situations, events, and material that require quick response or turnaround.
• Scheduling pitches, general meetings and notes calls
• Assisting in managing the project submission process and upkeep of submission logs
• Support the Originals team, primarily scripted creative executives, with all department-related and series-related projects, internal and external requests and special team initiatives
• Develop tracking mechanisms and tools, as needed
• Coordinate and interface with other departments including but not limited to: marketing, business affairs, legal, PR, creative, production, and post-production teams.
• Interface with all levels of Amazon Studios, IMDb TV and Amazon employees as well assist in communication with external stakeholders and the creative community on a daily basis.
• Shadow creative projects as requested/interested and participate in weekend read.
• Contribute as a member of the Content and Programming team to ensure group success, including working closely with Creative Assistants and Creative Coordinators on the team and across the company.
The Content & Programming team is just getting started, changing the way millions of people enjoy entertainment. It is still very much Day 1 for IMDb TV so you would be joining an entrepreneurial and pioneering team that is building amazing customer experiences from the ground up. We need your passion, innovative ideas, and creativity to help take us to new heights.
• Experience with executive level calendar management
• Experience with domestic and/or international travel coordination
• Experience with Microsoft Office Products
• 2 years of professional experience
• Experience with basic artwork manipulation using Adobe Photoshop (i.e. converting file types, simplifying layers, resizing or isolating elements, etc.)
• Experience utilizing social media and entertainment media sources