Content Insight Analyst Major Studio and Global Partners Licensing
Amazon StudiosCulver City, CA
Full Time Job
Are you interested in shaping the future of movies and television? Do you want to define the next generation of how and what Amazon customers are watching? Prime Video is one of the leading digital video services on the Internet today, and we're just getting started changing the way millions of people enjoy content. Now available in more than 240 countries and territories, Prime Video offers customers the broadest selection of any on-demand video service, including our critically-acclaimed Amazon Originals such as the Emmy Award-winning comedies Fleabag and The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, Tom Clancy's Jack Ryan, The Boys, Mindy Kaling's Late Night, Donald Glover's Guava Island, the Academy Award-winning Manchester by the Sea, Academy Award-nominated The Big Sick, exclusives, and live concerts and sports.
Amazon Studios is the movies and television development and production arm of Amazon. It is our role to produce original content and license studio programs worldwide in exclusive service of Amazon's Prime Video customers. We need your passion, innovative ideas, and creativity to help take us to new heights.
Prime Video is seeking a creative, savvy and analytically-minded digital content executive to join the content acquisition team as a Content Insight Analyst. This Analyst will perform quantitative and qualitative analyses in support of our SVOD content licensing activities with major studios and major TV network groups for Prime Video and Prime Video Direct in US and in international locales. The ideal candidate will be a critical thinker who has strong analytical skills and strong attention to detail, an ability to juggle multiple competing priorities, is cool under pressure and isn't afraid to roll his/her sleeves up as needed. S/he must be able to clearly and concisely communicate thoughts and ideas, both written and verbally, operate in a fast-paced environment and think outside of his/her direct sphere of responsibility.
• Perform ongoing analyses which supports Prime Video's day-to-day content planning and content licensing activities with major studios and major TV network groups
• Write high-quality, detailed and data-supported content strategy documents which are presented to senior executives within Amazon Studios
• Analyze the international OTT content market segment conditions, challenges and opportunities
• Audit business metrics, perform deep dive analysis on problems to understand root causes and making decisions based on data
• Partner with internal Finance/Content Analytics teams to help continuously improve the internal tools, processes and models that are used to assess and to predict the customer engagement value of different types of licensed content
• Perform analysis which quantifies the impact that different TV series and/or movies will have on customer engagement in the US and/or in international locales
• Maintain a can-do attitude and willingness and flexibility to solve problems at short notice, using any tools necessary
This position will be located in Culver City, CA but will work with teams across the globe.
• Bachelor degree or equivalent experience
• 5 years of experience in a high volume account management, licensing or business development role
• Experience with SQL
• Experience in both Tableau and Excel
• Experience in writing detailed, and data-supported documents