Content Acquisition Manager
Amazon StudiosCulver City, CA
Full Time Job
Prime Video is seeking a creative, savvy and analytically-minded digital content executive to join the content acquisition team. This leader will be responsible for helping to define and execute a global content acquisition strategies with major studios, TV network groups and global content partners. The ideal candidate will be a critical thinker who has an attention to detail, an ability to juggle multiple priorities, is cool under pressure and isn't afraid to roll his/her sleeves up as needed. S/he must have the ability to clearly and concisely communicate thoughts and ideas, both written and verbally, operate in a fast-paced environment and think outside of his/her direct sphere of responsibility.
• Execute US domestic and/or international SVOD content licensing agreements on behalf of Prime Video with major studios, TV network groups and global partners
• Develop content acquisition plans, financial metrics, and goals for senior management
• • Establish and manage strong relationships with content providers at a senior level
• Lead all aspects of content licensing negotiations, including content selection, financial analysis, forecasting, and technical requirements
• Use data on customer behavior, usage and consumption to inform decision-making
• Collaborate with internal teams across all functional areas within Prime Video to define content strategies and to execute content licensing agreements (e.g., legal, finance, marketing, etc.)
• Work closely with Prime Video leaders to develop new services and product offerings
• Maintain a can-do attitude and willingness and flexibility to solve problems at short notice, using any tools necessary
This position will be located in Culver City, CA.
• 5 years of experience in an account management, licensing or business development role
• Experience using Tableau and Excel
Are you interested in shaping the future of movies and television? Do you want to define the next generation of how and what Amazon customers are watching? Prime Video is one of the leading digital video services on the Internet today, and we're just getting started changing the way millions of people enjoy content. Now available in more than 240 countries and territories, Prime Video offers customers the broadest selection of any on-demand video service, including our critically-acclaimed Amazon Originals such as the Emmy Award-winning comedies Fleabag and The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, Tom Clancy's Jack Ryan, The Boys, Mindy Kaling's Late Night, Donald Glover's Guava Island, the Academy Award-winning Manchester by the Sea, Academy Award-nominated The Big Sick, exclusives, and live concerts and sports.
Amazon Studios is the movies and television development and production arm of Amazon. It is our role to produce original content and license studio programs worldwide in exclusive service of Amazon's Prime Video customers. We need your passion, innovative ideas, and creativity to help take us to new heights.