Business Affairs Executive
Amazon StudiosCulver City, CA
Full Time Job
Are you interested in shaping the future of movies and television?
Do you want to define the next generation of how and what Amazon customers are watching? Prime Video is one of the leading digital video services on the Internet today, and we're just getting started changing the way millions of people enjoy content. Now available in more than 240 countries and territories, Prime Video offers customers the broadest selection of any on-demand video service, including our critically-acclaimed Amazon Originals such as the Emmy Award-winning comedies Fleabag and The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, Tom Clancy's Jack Ryan, The Boys, Mindy Kaling's Late Night, Donald Glover's Guava Island, the Academy Award-winning Manchester by the Sea, Academy Award-nominated The Big Sick, exclusives, and live concerts and sports.
Amazon Studios is the movies and television development and production arm of Amazon. It is our role to produce original content and license studio programs worldwide in exclusive service of Amazon's Prime Video customers. We need your passion, innovative ideas, and creativity to help take us to new heights.
We are currently seeking an experienced Business Affairs Executive that will be providing deal making services across all of Amazon Studios' original movies. You will own in the negotiations for writers, producers, cast, production companies and other related deals and will work closely with Studio legal affairs to assist in finalizing agreements and dealing with production issues as they arise. You will be leveraging your negotiation ability while interacting with agents, managers and outside attorneys and be able to efficiently communicate status and trade-offs with other members of the Amazon Studios team including Creative, Production, Marketing, Accounting, Finance, and Legal, as well as Amazon executives outside of Amazon Studios.
• Applying your comprehensive working knowledge of movie industry agreements, guild and union regulations (DGA, SAG-AFTRA, WGA, #839), contract law and intellectual property rights (as applicable to the entertainment industry) to support drafting, negotiating, communicating (written and verbal) with our external partners.
• Using your excellent organizational skills you will be able to collaborate with colleagues in the department and across the studio to build strong internal client relationships.
• Advising senior-level executives under time-sensitive conditions related to our projects.
• Working with clientele through strategic decision making and risk analysis to generate satisfaction in our deals.
This role will be located in Culver City and will report to the Head of Business Affairs, Feature Films.
• 6 years experience working for a production company, studio, or television network
• 6 years experience in negotiating deals in entertainment
• Bachelor of Arts / Bachelor of Science and JD or JD/MBA
• Experience within the entertainment industry customs and practices
• 4 years in entertainment deal making, representing or working for a major scripted production company, studio or network