Business Affairs Executive
Amazon StudiosSanta Monica, CA
Full Time Job
We are looking for an experienced business affairs executive (7 years) to add to Amazon Studios' scripted television group. This role will also provide dealmaking services across all of the adult and kids scripted series deals.
The business affairs executive will own the negotiation of writer, producer, cast, studio, production company, and other related deals and will work closely with Studio legal affairs to assist in finalizing agreements and dealing with production issues as they arise. The ideal candidate will have a demonstrated ability to effectively negotiate and interact with agents, managers and outside attorneys and be able to efficiently communicate status and tradeoffs with other members of the Amazon Studios team including Creative, Production, Marketing, Accounting, Finance, and Legal, as well as Amazon executives outside of Amazon Studios.
A comprehensive working knowledge of television industry agreements, guild and union regulations (DGA, SAG-AFTRA, WGA, #839), contract law and intellectual property rights (as applicable to the entertainment industry) is required, along with excellent drafting, negotiation, communication (written and verbal), interpersonal, organizational and computer skills.
Must be able to manage a varied, high-volume workload efficiently and smoothly, operate autonomously within corporate parameters, and remain cool and levelheaded in pressurized situations. A successful candidate is expected to be able to work collaboratively with colleagues in this department and across the studio, build strong internal client relationships, effectively advise senior-level executives under time-sensitive conditions and generate client satisfaction through strategic thinking and risk analysis.
This role will be located in Santa Monica and will report to the Head of Business Affairs.
Come help build the future of television with Amazon Studios. - ?Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
• Bachelor of Arts / Bachelor of Science and JD or JD/MBA
• A thorough understanding of entertainment industry customs and practices with 7 years in entertainment deal making, representing or working for a major scripted production company, studio or network
• Deep understanding of media business models
• Ability to understand and devise new business models
• Experience in streaming license/co-production dealmaking
• You must be enthusiastic, enjoy working hard and getting things done, and demonstrate sound judgment even in ambiguous situations