Senior Business Affairs Executive
Amazon StudiosSanta Monica, CA
Full Time Job
We are looking for a business affairs executive to add to Amazon Studios' scripted television group. This role will also provide dealmaking services across all of the adult and kids scripted series deals. This role is centered on business affairs dealings in the Latin America territories.
The business affairs executive will own the negotiation of writer, producer, cast, production company and other related deals and will work closely with Studio legal affairs to assist in finalizing agreements and dealing with production issues as they arise. The ideal candidate will have a demonstrated ability to effectively negotiate and interact with agents, managers and outside attorneys and be able to efficiently communicate status and tradeoffs with other members of the Amazon Studios team including Creative, Production, Marketing, Accounting, Finance, and Legal, as well as Amazon executives outside of Amazon Studios.
A comprehensive working knowledge of the LatAm television industry agreements, guild regulations), contract law and intellectual property rights (as applicable to the entertainment industry) is required, along with excellent drafting, negotiation, communication (written and verbal), interpersonal, organizational and computer skills.
Must be able to manage a varied, high-volume workload efficiently and smoothly, operate autonomously within corporate parameters, and remain cool and levelheaded in pressurized situations. A successful candidate is expected to be able to work collaboratively with colleagues in this department and across the studio, build strong internal client relationships, effectively advise senior-level executives under time-sensitive conditions and generate client satisfaction through strategic thinking and risk analysis.
For context, at a traditional television network or studio, this role might be titled ''Vice President or Executive Director, Business Affairs.''
This role will be located in Santa Monica, CA and will report to the Head of Television Business Affairs.
• Bachelor of Arts / Bachelor of Science and Law Degree
• 4-7 years in entertainment deal making, representing or working for a major scripted production company, studio or network
• Experience working in the LatAm television industry
• A thorough understanding of entertainment industry customs and practices
• Deep understanding of media business models
• Ability to understand and devise new business models
• Deep interest in technology and innovation
• Enthusiastic, enjoy working hard and getting things done, and demonstrate sound judgment even in ambiguous situations
• Spanish (and Portuguese) language skills a plus