Awards Manager, Awards Team
Amazon StudiosCulver City, CA
Full Time Job
The Amazon Studios team is chartered to produce and promote original content in service of Amazon's Prime Video customers. The team is responsible for distinctive, critically-claimed award-winning series and films like Sound of Metal, Fleabag, The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, The Underground Railroad, and The Boys.
Amazon Studios is looking for a smart, enthusiastic, hard-working, and creative candidate to join the Awards team. The Awards Specialist will be responsible for a high volume of tasks related to tactical campaigning for film and series in all cycles of awards (Emmys, Oscars, Guild).
The position will be a dual report to the Film and Series Campaign Leads. The Awards Specialist will also work closely with other teams and cross functional partners within the company, including PR, marketing, legal, and finance.
The ideal candidate will be an experienced, detail-oriented, organized planner with the demonstrated ability to respond effectively and efficiently while maintaining flexibility. A positive attitude despite the pressures of a fast-paced environment is essential. The candidate will possess the ability to succeed with minimal guidance or supervision, be skilled at anticipating problems, managing multiple priorities.
Key job responsibilities
* Help implement and execute tactical campaigning plans across film and series awards campaigns
* Support tactical campaigning stakeholders
* High attention to detail and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
* Impeccable organization, multi-tasking and communications skills
* Strong motivation and ability to take initiative with little direction
* High levels of integrity and discretion
* Ability to communicate effectively with a variety of groups such as senior management, peers and outside vendors
* Highly motivated, organized individual who is able to work effectively with minimal supervision
* Ability to maintain composure and task switch efficiently in a rapidly changing environment
* Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
* Help track and maintain tactical campaigning budgets
* Coordinate and staff screenings and events
* Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
* Keep current on trends, issues and news about both the business and consumer worlds of television and entertainment in general
* Share information with external agencies on strategy and day-to-day matters
* Minimum of 3 years of film and/or TV PR experience (both preferred)
* Bachelor's degree
* Knowledge of the entertainment industry
* Experience in television and film studio / streaming service publicity and tactical awards campaigning
* Exceptional verbal and written communications skills and attention to detail