Avp Network Engineer
Amazon StudiosCulver City, CA
Full Time Job
Amazon Virtual Production (AVP) is looking for an AVP Network Engineer for our Unreal-based real-time system. Your office will be on the set of a massive stage in Culver City capturing gorgeous photo-real worlds on our new AVP LED Volume. You will help setup and configure the networking workflow. You are responsible for network security, maintenance, and optimization of the network infrastructure. You will assist with the design, building, and maintenance of several systems. This requires you to manage and work with many different people from different departments. Working on-set, you must be able to trouble-shoot quickly under the high-stress pressure of live production. You will collaborate with incredibly talented engineers throughout the Amazon/AWS global network, developing novel filmmaking workflows and tools.
As part of Amazon Studios, AVP is leading a creative plan to help filmmakers bring their projects to life in a safe, innovative, and inspired art facility. You must be a builder at heart and a collaborator in spirit. This position will work with key creatives, production, and the insanely talented technology crew of Amazon/AWS. Join us at the beginning of our global Virtual Production initiative. We will obsess over the filmmaker and the filmmaking process. Our goal is to enhance the traditional ways of filmmaking and invent new ways to use technology to enhance the art of storytelling. This is ground zero for designing new filmmaking workflows which includes the opening of our LED volume stage. On Day 1, this stage will connect globally to teams of collaborators in the cloud. Our new filmmaker workflows will ensure safety, limit exposure, add flexibility to schedules, and bring creative talent together in innovative ways.
Speci?c responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Management of networking equipment and networking work?ow.
• Front-end management of the on-set Perforce server and the cloud Perforce server.
• Manage the on-set security of machine room.
• Install, con?gure, and maintain network hardware and software
• Monitoring networks to ensure security and availability to speci?c users.
• Monitoring computer systems to improve workstation performance and network performance.
• Assist with DAM software security, user accessibility, and on-set e?ciency.
• Contribute to the development of custom pipelines for projects with speci?c creative and/or technological needs (including new technology) in collaboration with Amazon's engineering teams and existing, turn-key solutions.
• Manage department schedule, resourcing, and systems validation.
• Assist in software installation, maintenance, and security of VP workstations.
• Manage reporting of networking status to ASVP Production Supervisor.
• Highly computer literate with Windows and Linux/Mac Operating systems
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related ?eld.
• 2 years experience in a network administration role.
• Excellent communication, interpersonal and diplomacy skills, especially under pressure in a production shooting environment.
• Advanced knowledge of administering, operating, and maintaining Perforce server.