Asvp Engineering Supervisor
Amazon StudiosCulver City, CA
This was removed by the employer on 7/12/2021 4:33:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the IS/IT Category
Search for Asvp Engineering Supervisor jobs in Culver City-CA
Search all Asvp Engineering Supervisor postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire an Asvp Engineering Supervisor?
Full Time Job
Amazon Virtual Production (AVP) is looking for an AVP Engineering Supervisor for our Unreal-based real-time system. Your office will be on the set of a massive stage in Culver City capturing gorgeous photo-real worlds on our new AVP LED Volume. You will setup and supervise the operation of our LED Volume, networking, and the video distribution and monitoring systems. You will be part of a large team, managing the integration and flow of the LED team, network team, and all physical functional aspects of the volume. You are responsible for getting signals to the LED processors and that all downstream controls are working. Ultimately, you must ensure that all signals are routed as needed to various parts of the system during production. This means you must be able to trouble-shoot quickly under the high-stress pressure of live action shooting. As part of a larger team, you will assist with the design, building, and maintenance of several systems requiring you to manage and work with many different people from different departments.
As part of Amazon Studios, AVP is leading a creative plan to help filmmakers bring their projects to life in a safe, innovative, and inspired art facility. You must be a builder at heart and a collaborator in spirit. This position will work closely with key creatives, production, and the insanely talented technology crew of Amazon/AWS. Join us at the beginning of our global Virtual Production initiative. We will obsess over the filmmaker and the filmmaking process. Our goal is to enhance the traditional ways of filmmaking and invent new ways to use technology to enhance the art of storytelling. This is ground zero for designing new filmmaking workflows which includes the opening of our LED volume stage. On Day 1, this stage will connect globally to teams of collaborators in the cloud. Our new filmmaker workflows will ensure safety, limit exposure, add flexibility to schedules, and bring creative talent together in innovative ways.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Assist the AVP Production Supervisor in building a robust departmental structure for managing the virtual production needs of the AVP LED Volume.
• Manage the operation and maintenance of the video distribution and monitoring systems for on-set display volume work.
• Manage the operation and maintenance of the hardware for Unreal render and control nodes.
• Manage the operation and maintenance of the network infrastructure of the entire system.
• Manage the operation and maintenance of the LED volume as a whole, down to individual LED panels.
• Work with Production and the AVP Engine Supervisor to define, build, and maintain a color pipeline for the on-set system that conforms to the needs of Production.
• Point person on-set during shooting for all physical aspects of video distribution, monitoring, LED operation, networking, and related systems.
• Contribute to the development of custom pipelines for projects with specific creative and/or technological needs (including new technology) in collaboration with Amazon's engineering teams and existing, turn-key solutions.
• Manage department schedule, resourcing, and systems validation.
• Assist in talent recruitment, VP education, and AVP technology publicity.
• Manage reporting of all work to AVP Production Supervisor.
• Advanced knowledge large multi-source video systems.
• Must be a builder, self-starter, curious, deep diver, big thinker, honest, resourceful, inventor, story-teller, have a tremendous bias for action, and work well in a small, multi-disciplinary, specialized team.
• Must know Unreal Engine and be familiar with similar real-time platform such as Disguise/Notch.
• Excellent communication, interpersonal and diplomacy skills, especially under pressure in a production shooting environment.
• High ability to trouble shoot complex integrated systems of computers, video recording systems, software, and other sensor driven systems