Asvp Stage Manager
Amazon StudiosCulver City, CA
This was removed by the employer on 11/19/2021 8:21:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Animation/Graphic Design/Visual FX Category
Browse the Crew Category
Browse the Studio Category
Search for Asvp Stage Manager jobs in Culver City-CA
Search all Asvp Stage Manager postings
Full Time Job
Amazon Studios is the movies and television development and production arm of Amazon. It is our role to produce original content and license studio programs worldwide in exclusive service of Amazon's Prime Video customers. We need your passion, innovative ideas, and creativity to help take us to new heights.
Amazon Studios is looking for a seasoned, dynamic Virtual Production Stage Manager to support global VP production efforts on Originals series and movies working with Virtual Production Executive.
The Virtual Production Stage Manager will be responsible for overseeing the budgets, schedules, and overall virtual production plans for a slate of projects. The position will work closely with internal partners, including Post-Production, Business Affairs, and Creative Development teams. The candidate will also construct organized system architecture, and develop coordinated workflows, that curate both projects and the department.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Assist the ASVP Executive and ASVP Production Supervisor in building a robust VP departmental structure that oversees the needs of a demanding slate of multi-genre programming.
• Collaborate with production, creative, and finance in greenlighting and prepping projects.
• Work with ASVP Executive to VP breakdowns from scripts, storyboards, and pre-vis; working alongside the line producer and director to develop a production plan.
• Investigate other emerging technology beyond VP and how to apply it to projects in order to achieve creative goals; and perform statistical analysis to understand financial implications and cost efficiencies.
• Collaborate with Amazon Virtual Production Supervisor to provide support for all VP needs of stage and shows utilizing it.
• Develop department databases to track VP costs, project financial snapshots and VP talent availability pools.
• Help create promo/educational material for Amazon Execs and Originals teams.
• Collaborate with Amazon production technology and AWS to create and provide cloud hosting for all aspects of the Virtual Production internal workflow.
• Oversee the development of custom VP pipelines when necessary for projects with specific creative and/or technological needs (including new technology) in collaboration with Amazon's engineering teams and existing, turn-key solutions.
• Partner and collaborate with show Amazon Exec's, creatives, line producers to evaluate in Development, Pre-green light and newly green lit scripts for VP opportunities for ASVP execution.
• Contribute and assist managing an asset management system for the VP department that can organize and distribute assets to shows, departments, and projects as needed.
• Help recruit VP teams such as VP supervisors, producers, production supervisor, VAD team, and VP coordinators; negotiate deals and contracts with agents and individuals.
• Work with VFX production teams to bid out VP shows, vet vendor-side teams, and award work. Collaborate with the legal team on VP vendor contracts, including delivery milestones, rebate minimums, asset ownership, and credit allocations.
• Manage weekly cost report tracking for VP show spend on stage to track the overall budget.
• Work with our VFX producers and the studio VP team to develop an internal weekly reporting system.
• Coordinate with internal teams to provide information and creative content that supports marketing, product placement, promotions, and publicity.
• Manage weekly delivery reporting with VFX producers to keep VP shows on schedule.
• Review VP footage finals to ensure quality of delivered work and attend reviews as necessary.
• Identify potential production problems and work with VP teams and the studio to resolve while preserving and achieving creative goals.
• Collaborate with the creative executives, physical production, and post departments to develop a VP workflow process that allows all departments to share information.
• Support and manage VP utilization both within the studio and for AOM's and series utilizing vendor VP solutions around the globe.
• If needed and on occasion, act as VFX Producer for projects in development, and for smaller projects during production and post.
• Establish and maintain VP talent relations across the globe.
• Multiple years of experience as Visual Effects Producer or the equivalent.
• Extensive experience in big-budget films and or/series, preferably in heavy visual effects arenas.
• Multiple years of experience building reports and delivering insights on budget, scheduling and cost.
• Has recent past experience working within Virtual Production environment in a leadership production role that delivered final content.