Amazon Studios Principal Pm Operations
Amazon StudiosCulver City, CA
Full Time Job
We are looking for an Operations Program Manager to be part of the Production Strategy & Business Operations team. The team is responsible for developing strategy, tools, and processes to scale operations for WW Production & Post. We are looking for an entrepreneurial operations leader with a strong delivery of owning and executing strategic, cross-functional operations, and drive projects/products. You can analyze data and make sound recommendations in an often ambiguous environment. This job requires exceptional communication skills and the ability to influence change at all levels.
Amazon Studios is focused on protecting the health and safety of our talent and employees while continuing to produce and deliver to the global customer. Initially, this role will focus on COVID-19 operations. You will drive strategic planning, operations, and the execution of a roadmap across a global production organization. As a hands on partner to stakeholders in our operations, the role works across Studios and Amazon teams (e.g., Public Policy, Procurement, Security). This requires a high-level of ownership over the end-to-end process, the ability to think outside of the box, willingness to disrupt current processes to create a new process, and ability to align stakeholders to sustainable solutions. You think strategically and execute methodically by identifying gaps and driving solutions that scale over time. The candidate will have a proven ability to drive projects to completion, manage cost and risk, implement process improvements and keep pace with our growth while motivating others to meet challenges in a deadline-driven, highly ambiguous environment.
Primary duties of this role include:
• Lead operations reviews and communications regarding COVID-19 operations
• Work backwards to create, manage and deliver roadmaps (e.g., testing) – using business and industry data and models to validate hypotheses, as required
• Influence operations strategy through data-driven analyses and develop plans with clear measureable success criteria, mechanisms and metrics for KPIs
• Digitize operations with streamlined sources to ingest, access, and present information
• Make prioritization decisions and own trade-offs between user needs, quality and effort of implementation
• Create, manage and scope project plans that drive results while maintaining alignment with internal stakeholders
• Develop, design, simplify and improve processes to ensure successful, cost effective operations that can scale
• Own program status and risk communication, harmonize discordant views, and lead the resolution of contentious issues (build consensus) by collaborating with customers to determine what projects move forward and in what priority
• Experience managing, analyzing and communicating results to senior management
• Experience using data and metrics to drive improvements
• 7 years experience delivering cross functional projects or 5 years of experience with an MBA
• 7 years experience in program or project management or 5 years of experience with an MBA
• Experience owning program strategy and end to end delivery
• Experience implementing repeatable processes and driving automation or standardization
• Experience defining and executing against program requirements
• Knowledge of content production processes, including subtitling and dubbing workflow
• Experience executing cross-functional roadmaps across content studios
Are you interested in shaping the future of movies and television? Do you want to define the next generation of how and what Amazon customers are watching? Prime Video is one of the leading digital video services on the Internet today, and we're just getting started changing the way millions of people enjoy content. In 200 countries, Prime Video offers customers the broadest selection of any on-demand video service, including our critically-acclaimed Amazon Originals such as the Emmy Award-winning comedies Fleabag and The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, Tom Clancy's Jack Ryan, The Boys, Mindy Kaling's Late Night, Donald Glover's Guava Island, the Academy Award-winning Manchester by the Sea, Academy Award-nominated The Big Sick, exclusives, and live concerts and sports.