Amazon Studios Finance Operations Analyst
Amazon StudiosSanta Monica, CA
Full Time Job
Amazon Studios is the original film and television development and production arm of Amazon.com. Our projects include award winning television series TRANSPARENT and THE MARVELOUS MRS. MAISEL and films include MANCHESTER BY THE SEA and THE BIG SICK.
This position will support both the production finance team and the development accounts payable team along with the other studios operation teams of our fast growing film and television studio production business. This is an exciting opportunity to join the team at an early, high growth stage and have ownership of production finance and payable functions. The successful candidate will assist in the payables process during development stages of projects as well as during production.
He or she will be able to operate successfully in a fast-paced, global, results-oriented environment, and have effective verbal and written communication, logical reasoning, and the presentation of alternatives. The successful candidate should be able to think and act both strategically and tactically. Strong oral and written communication skills are a plus, as well as ability to think clearly, analyze quantitatively, problem-solve, scope technical requirements and prioritize.
The candidate will need to able to collaborate with business partners and must display strong initiative for anticipating and meeting the business demands of senior-level business managers.
• The individual will also be charged with assisting with the month end financial reporting process
• Reconcile production/development funding, and trial balances
• Help calculate production related accruals during month end close
• Meet with production accountants and make sure they are set up for proper financial reporting
• Review production related hot costs
• Documentation of key process flows with an emphasis on improving process controllership and efficiency.
• Working with Global Financial Systems and Operations teams to implement effective solutions.
• Work with Studios stakeholders(Creative, Business Affairs, Legal), Corporate AP and FinOps to effectively execute development payments and troubleshoot issues
• Support SFA to define overall metrics and reporting approach for AP Payments, including Executive & Management Reporting, Operational Reporting and Dashboards
• Monitor and improve key performance metrics that demonstrate continuous improvements
• Understand and manage payments levers on financial activities and financial metrics.
• Leverage metrics to identify areas for continuous improvement, including process and technology based changes
This position is located in Santa Monica, California
• BA/BS in Finance, Accounting, Business, Economics, or a highly analytical field (e.g., Engineering, Math, and Computer Science) or equivalent.
• Minimum 0-2 years of experience in finance or a related analytical field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• 2 years experience in production/finance/accounting or combination of accounting and business with a portion in the film and television production industry.
• Advanced knowledge of MS Excel and database management
• Strong organization and time management skills
• Knowledge of the entertainment and production business is a plus
• Proficiency in financial software and systems including Oracle Financials, Excel, Access, and COGNOS. Knowledge of SQL, database, and data mining is desirable
• Ability to manage multiple competing priorities simultaneously and drive projects to completion.
• Knowledge of various production accounting software: MediaWeb, Vista, PSL, Ease
• Understanding of entertainment payroll. Union and guild knowledge. Strong organization and time management skills
• Ability to effectively research, conclude on and communicate technical accounting topics.
• Excellent communication and presentation skills, both verbal and written
• Must be very detail-oriented and meticulous in the follow through of documentation, processes and procedures
• Ability to work independently in a fast-paced high volume environment
• Highly motivated, analytical, proactive and self-sufficient
• Strong capabilities for developing and presenting analyses and insights to senior management
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer –
Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation