Sr. Marketing Manager
Amazon MusicNew York, GA
This was removed by the employer on 11/23/2023 10:40:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Marketing Category
Browse the Music Category
Search for Sr. Marketing Manager jobs in New York-GA
Search all Sr. Marketing Manager postings
Full Time Job
Sr. Marketing Manager, Amazon Music
Amazon Music is an immersive audio entertainment service that deepens connections between fans, artists, and creators. From personalized music playlists to exclusive podcasts, concert livestreams to artist merch, Amazon Music is innovating at some of the most exciting intersections of music and culture. We offer experiences that serve all listeners with our different tiers of service: Prime members get access to all the music in shuffle mode, and top ad-free podcasts, included with their membership; customers can upgrade to Amazon Music Unlimited for unlimited, on-demand access to 100 million songs, including millions in HD, Ultra HD, and spatial audio; and anyone can listen for free by downloading the Amazon Music app or via Alexa-enabled devices. Join us for the opportunity to influence how Amazon Music engages fans, artists, and creators on a global scale. Learn more at https://www.amazon.com/music.
The Global Brand Marketing team within Amazon Music is looking for a driven and dynamic Senior Marketing Manager to lead the Amazon Music Strategy & Planning cross-functional workstreams. This role reports into the Head of Brand Portfolio Strategy. This role will ensure that all Global Brand Integrated Marketing & Social (GBIMS) Internal and big rock initiatives are delivered to result in exponential growth. Big rocks refer to Amazon Music top priorities and initiatives. The big rock framework aims to bring the organization together around a few Big Rock Themes that will 'ignite fandom' via continuous planned initiatives with culturally-relevant content, product offerings, brand experiences and deeper artist/creator-to-fan connections. Amazon Music is looking for a strategic thinker with a strong operational bias, this individual is responsible for both partnering in the strategy, planning & delivery of the big rock strategy & initiatives inclusive of both US-focused & global market plans. These plans should result in positively growing awareness, perception shifts, effect desired customer behaviors and grow our business.
The Sr. Strategy & Planning Marketing Manager works closely with teammates and partners across Marketing, Music Industry, Creative, PR, Media, Insights, Analytics and Product as well as with brand & business stakeholders in other parts of Amazon Music, agencies and external companies. This individual thrives in complex and fast-paced environments. They can effortlessly manage and lead multiple cross-channel, cross-functional programs, often simultaneously. Prior experience working with senior level executive teams is preferred, given this roles workflow would be initiated by planning inputs from the Executive Leadership team, inclusive of key priorities for the year, GBIMS Internal team planning & ways of working, big rock themes, initiatives, shared goals, measurement, prioritization & global calendarization. This role will also lead & facilitate meetings as needed, inclusive of ownership of monitoring next steps, etc. They will provide broad oversight of all workstreams and channel plans to ensure it ladders globally.
To be successful in the role, the candidate will demonstrate the following behaviors…
• Relentlessly focuses on the objectives for the work & the strategies to accomplish them
• Comfortable with dealing with ambiguity & rapidly-changing priorities
• Leads Internal GBIMS team mechanisms, inclusive of goals, team offsites, measurement & reporting, as needed
• Provides pro-active input on the Big Rocks process from Industry, Global & other cross-functional teams.
• Ability to utilize Agile PM(preferred) & facilitation tools for senior leadership presentations.
• Identifies cross-functional & big rocks conflicts/ opportunities
• Balances thinking & acting, pulls a strategy through to tactics & execution
• Uses & applies data & evidence responsibly to guide strategies & inform decision making
• Communicates clearly & effectively, establishes credibility with peers & leaders
• Employs sound critical thinking & problem-solving approaches, comes to the table with solutions
• Identifies & assesses risks quickly, puts plans in place to mitigate or manage them
• Recognizes & solves for contending priorities, presents & evaluates trade-offs
• Rebounds quickly from unexpected setbacks, strives for continuous improvement
• Embraces invention without precedence while leveraging proven approaches
• Ability to succeed both as an individual contributor & in a team environment, & also will be able to perform at both strategic & tactical levels
• Experience in cross-channel communications – strategy, planning, development, execution
• Global or multi-country experience
• Proven ability to lead, influence, align & inspire cross-functional teams
• Understanding of marketing measurement
Key job responsibilities
• Lead internal GBIMS mechanisms (ways of working) & reporting
• Lead the integration of the inputs/ outputs of the big rocks process.
• Be a liaison between industry, brand & other big rocks workstreams, capable of highlighting potential problems & opportunities.
• Understanding of international insights & the ability to connect the dots between teams.
• Provide pro-active input on the Big Rocks process from Industry & other cross-functional teams.
• Be the Big Rocks expert for cross-functional teams & identify potential road blocks & solve fors.
• Build relationships with key stakeholders to stay abreast of the most relevant SMEs
• Define shared goals & on-going review of metric progress, monitoring & optimization
• Agile PM for the Core Decision Task Force, Tiger Team & Internal team
• Solid knowledge of entertainment, subscription services, streaming platforms, music, podcasts & audio entertainment is a plus (preferred)
• Engage & integrate international stakeholders into the big rocks process & vice versa.
• Ability to fully integrate with relevant functional teams (Brand, Industry, Growth, International, Product, International Stakeholders, Artist Marketing, PR, Creative, PR, etc.) to ensure that the Big Rock strategy is being implemented across the org
• Awareness of cross-functional team planning, calendarization & understand changes in plans, that could impact the big rocks calendar & vice versa
• Ensures timely cross-communication & change management across workstreams
• Manage budgeting processes, inclusive of annual planning
• Partner closely with the data insights & analytics teams on strategy, performance & learnings
• Ensure global is fully integrated into all plans, collaborate with partners across locales to share learnings, identify growth opportunities.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Atlanta, GA, USA | Los Angeles, CA, USA | New York, NY, USA | San Francisco, CA, USA | Seattle, WA, USA
- 6 years of professional non-internship marketing experience
- 7 years of developing and managing acquisition marketing or channel programs experience
- Experience using data and metrics to drive improvements
- Experience with Excel or Tableau (data manipulation, macros, charts and pivot tables)
- Experience communicating results to senior leadership
- Experience building, executing and scaling cross-functional marketing programs
- Experience developing and executing campaigns across a multitude of timezones and languages
- Experience presenting metrics & progress to goal to senior leadership
- 4 years leading marketing or industry initiatives with an ability to understand customers, key segments, & differentiated positioning
- 4 years of project management experience in a marketing role, with ability to juggle multiple priorities and excel in a lean & demanding work environment