Principal Environment Artist
Amazon GamesIrvine, CA
This was removed by the employer on 2/17/2024 5:32:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Animation/Graphic Design/Visual FX Category
Browse the Video Game Category
Search for Principal Environment Artist jobs in Irvine-CA
Search all Principal Environment Artist postings
Full Time Job
Principal Environment Artist, Amazon
At Amazon, our goal is to create great games. We believe in developing ground-breaking games that can redefine the boundaries of player experience and change the way the world sees digital entertainment. Games have the power to connect people at a massive scale, and creating these experiences will help us produce some of the future's most influential visual experiences. We seek the best game developers in the world to join our team and become the architects of this vision.
Amazon Games is looking for a Senior Environment Artist to join the San Diego art team on a new AAA project. As a Senior Environment Artist, you will be instrumental in building visually stunning, performant and exceedingly fun environments. You will use your artistic and technical expertise to build AAA pipelines leveraging the latest technology in Unreal Engine 5.
In this role, you will collaborate closely with a team of game developers who have deep, current industry experience and have notably contributed to multiple recent, critically acclaimed Unreal Engine games releases. This is an enriching environment where you can continue to enhance and share your game development expertise. We are looking for artists who can communicate effectively, problem solve, and raise the project's technical and visual standards.
Key job responsibilities
• Leverage your experience creating AAA environments to elevate the work of the environment team
• Help define and communicate the artistic vision and style for game environments, collaborating closely with the art director and other creative leads
• Directly contribute high quality art, tools and workflows utilizing Unreal Engine 5
• Utilize your skills in building environments, lighting, materials and node-based shaders
• Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including design, technical art, and engineering, to ensure seamless integration of assets into the game engine while maintaining optimal performance.
• Development and improvement of art pipelines, tools, and workflows to streamline environment creation processes.
• Push the boundaries of visual quality by introducing innovative techniques, technologies, and workflows that enhance the realism, atmosphere, and emotional impact of game environments.
• Stay updated with industry trends and emerging technologies to bring innovative solutions to the creation of game environments.
• Mentor your fellow artists; help to inspire and provide visual, technical, and experiential feedback
About the team
Amazon Games aspires to be the most player and partner-obsessed company in gaming. We're the place for builders and innovators to unleash their creativity. We connect players and developers to the games and communities they love. Our initiatives include game development, publishing, marketing, and live operations, integrated business operations to connect players and game developers.
In addition to releasing New World, an MMO set on a supernatural continent in the Age of Exploration, and publishing Lost Ark, from acclaimed studio Smilegate RPG, we are working on new IPs from our studios and teams in the US, Canada, and Europe, along with other projects in varying stages of development.
We believe in building teams and products that reflect and offer an inclusive environment for all our employees and players. We encourage our teams to push boundaries, challenge each other, and learn new ways to unlock their full potential. We are growing and creating as we go - we want you to join us on this journey!
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Irvine, CA, USA | San Diego, CA, USA
- 5 years of Games Industry (supporting title Development, Release, or Live Ops) experience
- 5 Years experience as a Senior Environment Artist or Senior Environment Tech Artist
- Portfolio that demonstrates ability to develop shipping environments at AAA quality