Senior Level Designer
Amazon GamesIrvine, CA
This was removed by the employer on 12/18/2023 10:40:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Animation/Graphic Design/Visual FX Category
Browse the Video Game Category
Search for Senior Level Designer jobs in Irvine-CA
Search all Senior Level Designer postings
Full Time Job
Senior Level Designer, Amazon Games
At Amazon, we believe that games and connected experiences are the future of entertainment. If you share our belief that games will produce some of the future's most influential voices in media and art, come join us!
We are looking for a Senior Level Designer to join our New World team at Amazon Game Studios, Orange County. New World is an open world MMO set in an alternate version of the 17th Century where players will fight for survival as they explore and conquer the mysterious island of Aeternum.
As a Senior Level Designer on the World team, you'll be responsible for creating, implementing, and curating Points of Interest (POIs), encounters, and puzzles for New World. You will work collaboratively with, mentor, and model best practices for other level / world designers. You will work collaboratively with and provide design direction to level / world artists, AI designers, and quest designers to support storytelling and make memorable locations for players to explore. You will work collaboratively with character designers, quest designers, effects and animation teams to make memorable experiences. It will be a combination of your experience, and an understanding of MMO/RPG world and encounter design that will define success. We are looking for individuals that are highly motivated and passionate for games.
In this role you will…
- Create 2D maps for world and encounter designs and implement them in game
- Create fun and exciting encounters and spaces for players to adventure within
- Maintain Design Documentation while working across teams.
- Update and manage data for characters, rewards, and lore.
- Design and Script Objectives, Puzzles and Gameplay.
- Work within technical pipelines and processes to ensure quality and scope are met and maintained
- Collaborate with quest, character, and art teams
- Maintain a strong creative relationship between production, design, programming, art, VFX, and SFX teams
Key job responsibilities
Vision and Leadership for World and Level Design, Gameplay Implementation, Gameplay Scripting.
About the team
Inclusive Culture, Work/Life Balance, & Career Growth
We embrace our differences and are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We offer ten employee-led affinity groups with 190 global chapters, innovative benefits, and annual and ongoing learning experiences (including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences). Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance and offers flexible working hours. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. Additionally, our team is dedicated to supporting you with mentorship and pathways for ongoing development. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and are building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and promotes career choice.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Irvine, CA, USA
- 5 years of World / Level Design work experience
- 3 years work experience with 3D world and level building tools (Lumberyard, Unreal, Unity, etc…)
- 1 shipped title in the role of World / Level Design
- Demonstrated Experience in a Scripting Language
- Passion for video games, in particular MMORPGs
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent Years of Industry Experience