Amazon GamesIrvine, CA
This was removed by the employer on 11/20/2023 8:32:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Crew Category
Browse the Film and TV Development Category
Browse the Video Game Category
Search for Narrative Director jobs in Irvine-CA
Search all Narrative Director postings
Full Time Job
Narrative Director, Amazon Games
We are looking for a Narrative Director to join a new project for Amazon Game Studios. In this role, you will work with our Creative Director to envision our game world, its history, lore, in-game stories, and cinematics. You will collaborate with all disciplines and senior leadership to make your vision a reality.
You are someone who enjoys pioneering into unknown frontiers. Someone who seeks out the most ambitious work, is relentlessly optimistic, is passionate about developing others in their careers, and has a strong ability and appreciation for the importance of rolling up their sleeves and getting their hands dirty.
You already have experience in building wildly inventive and successful games, and are excited to shape the future of Games as a narrative art.
Key job responsibilities
• Define and lead narrative vision with all disciplines of the development team.
• Collaborate and evangelize narrative vision with external stakeholders, publishing partners, and senior leadership.
• Build, manage, and develop a world class Narrative and Content design team.
• Lead, mentor, and collaborate with designers and artists to build Characters, Locations, Levels, and in-game Lore that tell coherent, emotionally resonant stories.
• Thrive on ambiguity; establish and reinforce best practices for Narrative and Content design.
• Champion the Narrative and Content across our studio and externally to press and customers.
• Pitch your ideas in a clear, concise, and convincing manner.
• Employ your deep knowledge of production pipelines and best practices to deliver compelling, AAA games.
About the team
Inclusive Culture, Work/Life Balance, & Career Growth
We embrace our differences and are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We offer ten employee-led affinity groups with 190 global chapters, innovative benefits, and annual and ongoing learning experiences (including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences). Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance and offers flexible working hours. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. Additionally, our team is dedicated to supporting you with mentorship and pathways for ongoing development. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and are building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and promotes career choice.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Irvine, CA, USA | San Diego, CA, USA
• Bachelor's degree in a writing related field, or equivalent work experience.
• 5 years of professional game development experience.
• Narrative Director experience on 2 or more successful titles/franchises.
• Experience managing and leading a design team on AAA products for both PC/console.
• A portfolio that demonstrates process and capabilities in crafting compelling game narratives, which includes published work.