Business Operations Manager
AmazeVRWest Hollywood, CA
Full Time Job
Business Operations Manager
AmazeVR, West Hollywood, CA
AmazeVR believes the future of media is in immersive technologies. We are an end-to-end VR service provider, a content producer, and a VR platform developer that is available on major VR stores. After securing our Series A fundraising in 2019, we're now expanding our distribution to include an offline channel with immersive content for top music artists. Through our traveling pop-up, top artists will be able to ''virtually'' tour across the nation.
AmazeVR is looking for a Business Operations Manager who is available immediately to advise and lead the upcoming tour operations. The Business Operations Manager will be expected to go on tour to manage a crew of two to six employees to start, and ultimately we believe that the Business Operations Manager could establish the whole operations consisting of several touring teams and/or fixed venues.
The Business Operations Manager is responsible for managing all travel logistics for the crew and for the progression of the tour across the country. This means getting the crew and equipment safely from city to city, to and from the venues and hotels, booking flights, coordinating ground transportation and hotel accommodations, among other tasks.
The Business Operations Manager is expected to assist with the full execution of all events. They will be required to work with other road staff as needed to include promoters, sound and lighting techs, engineers, tour bus drivers, tour coordinators, and other road crew.
Candidates with prior tour management experience or those who have traveled extensively for work are strongly encouraged to apply.
Who you are:
- Entrepreneurial - excited about working at a VC-funded startup with a small team while wearing multiple hats
- Desire to be a leader - minimum two years experience in a management position
- Must possess a high level of organization and communication skills, implementing organizational systems in fine detail
- Ability to solve complex problems quickly and efficiently
- Strong financial awareness and experience managing a budget
- Ability to discipline employees when needed and deal with confrontation in a mature and professional manner
- A ''yes… and!'' person, not a ''yes, but…'' person?
- You know what real hustle looks like - resourceful in a fast-paced evolving environment and will meet tight deadlines?
- Setup and breakdown of each event, and overall tour execution on the road
- Professionally and enthusiastically represent AmazeVR in the field with a focus on the guest experience
- Build and maintain relationships with local promoters, drivers, and freelance brand specialists
- Oversee all logistics on ''move days''
- Manage staff in various environments and uphold company standards. Responsible for well-being of the team
- Manage and communicate the weekly schedule to tour crew
- Create daily staff schedule, to include lodging accommodations and decision making on when and where to stop driving
- Assign and manage specific jobs to service team members
- Address any HR issues that arise, and administer any requisite staff discipline or behavior correction
- Responsible for written and verbal event recaps to AmazeVR
- Complete staff evaluations at the end of the tour with habitual check-ins throughout
- Monitor the financial budget for overall tour
- Must be willing to travel up to eight months out of the year. Previous experience is a plus, must be familiar with ''tour life''
The position starts immediately in Los Angeles, California to advise and prepare for the upcoming experiential content tour.
A huge aspect of being a part of the crew is traveling with the team for 6+ months across the country! The AmazeVR Mobile Crew will become your very close family: you must be flexible, cooperative, and independent in order to work, live, sleep, and eat with the tour crew.
If interested, please send your resume with a brief introduction. We look forward to learning more about you!
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will allow resumes sent in the body of the email OR as an attachment. Apply Online