Vice President, Business & Legal Affairs
Allyance Media GroupNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 5/24/2021 8:08:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Executive Positions Category
Browse the Legal and Business Affairs Category
Search for Vice President, Business & Legal Affairs jobs in New York-NY
Search all Vice President, Business & Legal Affairs postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Vice President, Business & Legal Affairs?
Full Time Job
ALLYANCE Media Group is looking for a Vice President, Business & Legal Affairs with at least 5 years of hands-on experience to lead their legal and business affairs activities. Reporting to the President of AMG, the VP will be responsible for supporting all aspects of day-to-day television production from development through production to distribution for AMG's subsidiaries and partnerships, including DIGA Studios and Madica Productions. The VP will handle and oversee a heavy volume of production- and development-related work for unscripted and scripted projects both directly and with the support of outside counsel.
The ideal candidate will have excellent industry relationships; be effective at prioritizing and managing deliverables from outside counsel; and will be willing and able to roll up their sleeves to draft and negotiate a high volume of deals and agreements directly. While the bulk of AMG's productions are unscripted television, the ideal candidate will also have exposure to other aspects of the entertainment industry, such as scripted television, feature length films, digital and other audiovisual projects, and music. The role will also oversee the work of outside counsel on non-entertainment related issues, such as corporate formation and preparation of corporate documents, business transactions, employment matters, and other legal issues that may arise.
What will you be doing on a day-to-day basis?
• Actively engage with agents, managers, outside attorneys, and legal and business affairs executives at networks, studios and production companies to establish productive business relationships on behalf of AMG and its affiliates;
• Structure, negotiate, draft and/or oversee the drafting of a wide variety of agreements in connection with the development, production and distribution of unscripted and scripted programming (including but not limited to above-the-line talent, rights, and production agreements);
• Manage on an as needed basis and in partnership with various internal groups (creative, production, finance, talent, etc.) issues relating to on-going productions and production personnel;
• Strategize with, direct, prioritize and otherwise oversee the work of outside counsel in support of productions and general corporate matters;
• Strategize with, advise and counsel executives, producers, and other senior program personnel on all business affairs matters; and
• Establish and maintain peer relationships with regular, effective and timely communications concerning deal negotiations and business strategy.
What will it take to be successful?
• Must have at least five (5) years of transferable professional legal and/or business affairs experience- with a strong preference for unscripted television experience- at an entertainment law firm, network, studio, agency or production company;
• Strong academic credentials from an ABA-accredited law school and New York Bar admission;
• Excellent industry relationships and a proactive approach to building relationships with television agents, managers, entertainment lawyers and other entertainment professionals;
• Extensive experience negotiating and interacting with counterparts at agencies, management companies, networks and production companies in the interests of securing talent, rights, production and distribution agreements;
• Excellent written and verbal communication, negotiation, and analytical skills coupled with the ability to succinctly convey and explain complex business and legal concepts to peers and stakeholders;
• Ability to reliably execute multiple high-priority projects concurrently and proactively through effective prioritization, direction and time management;
• Remarkable initiative, creativity, flexibility and adaptability;
• Strong legal acumen with demonstrably sound judgment;
• A collaborative style with proven record of building strong relationships- both internally and externally- at all levels.
In addition, the ideal candidate will possess the following:
• Curiosity and a willingness to tackle matters outside their area of expertise;
• Candor & honesty;
• A strategic and creative approach to pragmatic problem solving;
• An ability to adapt in a dynamic & continuously changing industry environment.
What's in it for you? • Be part of the leadership team of an exciting, fast-growing media venture centered around telling great stories across formats and platforms • The opportunity to work with talented and entrepreneurial movie and television lovers with one foot in NYC & one in LA • Competitive salary & benefits, including unlimited vacation days • Leadership with a strong belief in work-life balance NOTE: While the role is located in NYC, ALLYANCE Media Group is currently a 100% work-from-home company. While we intend to return to an office environment, we do not expect to do so in the immediate future. When we return to an office environment, you may be required to work from the office on a part or full-time basis, as needed. We remain committed to providing a safe work environment for all employees.
ALLYANCE Media Group (''AMG'') is a next gen media company focused on developing and producing entertaining stories to capitalize on the exploding demand for original programming from television networks, brands and streamers worldwide. Our production labels include DIGA Studios & Madica Productions, with recent shows ranging from Big Trick Energy on truTV to Ginny & Georgia on Netflix. We are led by a former network President who, along with his core team of creatives, has developed and produced several iconic television hits that have defined pop culture for the last two decades.