Alcon EntertainmentLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Alcon Entertainment is looking for a Senior Accountant to join their team in Los Angeles. Alcon Entertainment is a leading independent entertainment studio that produces Films (The Blind Side), TV Shows (The Expanse), and Music. As a Senior Accountant, you will be working with the Controller and CFO to support the company's accounting needs. The role will be responsible for assisting in all aspects of the company's accounting activities including general ledger maintenance, AR, AP, billing, preparation of financial statements, and ad hoc reporting.
Additional responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Manage accounts payable and receivables
- Enter key data of financial transactions daily
- Prepare Bank Deposits, Journal Entries, General Ledger Postings and Bank Reconciliations
- Support quarter-end closing activities including general ledger maintenance, and balance sheet reconciliations
- Assist with preparation of yearly audited financial statements
- Assist to develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- Provide training and technical support to company staff regarding financial procedures including T&E and other procedures.
- Assist with internal and external audits to ensure compliance
- Preparation of yearly 1099s
- Review 3rd Party Talent Participation Statements
- Preparation of financial analyses and any other ad hoc reports requested by management
The ideal candidate will possess the following knowledge, experience, and skill-set:
- Thorough knowledge of basic accounting procedures
- Familiarity with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Experience with general ledger functions and the quarter-end/year-end close process
- Hands-on experience with accounting software packages, preferably Sage Intacct
- Advanced MS Excel skills including Vlookups and pivot tables
- Minimum 3 years accounting experience
- Experience in financial reporting and/or operational accounting including maintenance of the general ledger, AP & AR processing, billing, cash flow processes and financial statement preparation
- Demonstrated team member and interpersonal skills
- Ability to multitask and work under strict deadlines in a small team environment
- Ability to communicate and coordinate with subsidiary finance and accounting staff
- Comfort working in a fast-paced environment
- Accuracy and attention to detail is a must
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online