Agency for the Performing ArtsLos Angeles, CA
This was removed by the employer on 12/8/2021 4:44:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Agency/Management Category
Browse the Assistant and Entry Level Category
Search for Assistant, Talent jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Search all Assistant, Talent postings
Full Time Job
What We Are Looking For
We are seeking an experienced Assistant to support an Agent in our Talent Department as well as participate in supporting the Agency's top tier talent roster. The position requires a communicative and thoughtful individual who can take initiative while learning on the job.
The candidate will need a strong work ethic and an understanding of how their supporting role can help to grow the Agency's practice. Excellent written and verbal communication skills are essential, as well as an interest in performing artists and content creators across multiple mediums and platforms.
The ability to multi-task is essential as the position requires managing calendars, call logs, and bookings, as well as tracking client schedules, potential opportunities and the overall execution of deals.
Skills And Qualifications
The Assistant will support the Agent in a variety of administrative functions including:
- Generating and keeping track of appointments, self-tape requests and booking reports, travel booking/coordinating
- Detail oriented.
- Handling phones, managing agent and client calendars
- Tracking payments and expenses
- Submitting and keeping track of clients for TV and film projects
- Dealing with high profile casting directors, studio/network executives, producers and managers while understanding the importance of confidentiality and professionalism
- Must have a shrewd awareness of how to survive or succeed in any situation, especially while working in a difficult environment
- Resourceful, proactive, reliable, trustworthy, and assertive
- Proficient with word, excel, and outlook
- Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize work to meet deadlines
- The art of follow-up and following through
Education And Experience
- 1-2 years of professional experience working in the entertainment industry is required
- Current previous agency desk experience is preferred
- Casting and/or Management experience is a plus
- College degree from an accredited University or College
- Experience reading and covering scripts is a plus
APA provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.