Assistant, Alternative and Factual TV (Unscripted)
Agency for the Performing ArtsNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 9/14/2022 12:40:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Agency/Management Category
Browse the Assistant and Entry Level Category
Search for Assistant, Alternative and Factual TV (Unscripted) jobs in New York-NY
Search all Assistant, Alternative and Factual TV (Unscripted) postings
Full Time Job
Founded in 1962, Agency for the Performing Arts (APA) is one of the largest diversified talent agencies in the entertainment industry with offices in Los Angeles, New York, Nashville, Atlanta, Toronto and London. APA represents some of the most accomplished, celebrated and award-winning actors, writers, producers, directors, creators, comedians, musicians, authors, intellectual properties, production companies, artisans, social influencers, and lifestyle brands across all media platforms worldwide.
What We Are Looking For
We are seeking an experienced Assistant to support a high-volume non-scripted Agent in our Alternative and Factual Programming Department as well as support the Agency's top tier production company and producer roster. The position requires a communicative and thoughtful individual who can take initiative while learning on the job.
The candidate will need a strong work ethic and an understanding of how their supporting role can help to grow the Agency's practice. Excellent written and verbal communication skills are essential, as well as an interest in unscripted/alternative TV.
The ability to multi-task is essential as the position requires managing calendars, call logs, and bookings, as well as tracking client schedules, potential opportunities and the overall execution of deals.
Skills And Qualifications
The Assistant will support the Agent in a variety of administrative functions including:
- Handling phones, managing both Agents' and clients' calendars
- Managing departmental records and databases
- Maintaining cross departmental grids
- Dealing with high profile studio/network executives, producers and managers while understanding the importance of confidentiality and professionalism
- Resourceful, proactive, reliable, trustworthy, and assertive
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, Google Suite and Outlook
- Strong work ethic and attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize work to meet deadlines
Education And Experience
- 1 year of professional experience working in the entertainment industry preferred
- Prior Agency/Management experience is preferred
- College degree from an accredited University or College
APA provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.