AGC StudiosHollywood, CA
Full Time Job
SUMMARY: AGC Studios is currently seeking an executive assistant to support the Gaspin Media executive team. Duties include sourcing scripted and unscripted development material, script/book coverage, filing, organizing, and covering desks/phones for executives. This is a very good opportunity to learn the development side of the television industry with room for growth within the company.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Answer and screen telephone calls in a professional and timely manner; take accurate messages with a high degree of professionalism and courtesy; arrange conference calls.
• Write coverage and notes on current and potential project scripts, books, manuscripts, drafts, and cuts.
• Read, and evaluate current and potential project ideas, synopses, outlines, scripts, etc.
• Source scripted and unscripted development material for potential projects
• Create lists of potential directors, producers, and other talent for projects.
• Competitive project tracking.
• Exercise considerable judgement and discretion in handling requests for appointments and telephone calls.
• Review and respond to daily internal/external mail and overnight packages;
• Compose, type, and distribute professional correspondence and memoranda, E-mails, and faxes, using individual initiative and as assigned.
• Proactively establish, and maintain highly organized filing systems; file correspondence and other records.
• Coordinate executives' calendars and schedule appointments, ensuring all parties are informed of and kept abreast of schedule awareness.
• Meet and greet visitors in a courteous and professional manner.
• Coordinate travel arrangements; complete expense reports and process invoices; ensure that correct account codes are used and required signatures are obtained.
• Conduct research; compile and type statistical reports.
• Coordinate meetings including but not limited to preparing and distributing agendas and other meeting materials, reserving and preparing facilities, and recording and transcribing meeting minutes.
• Attend meetings and other functions as needed.
• Prepare work agreements and proposals and maintain appropriate records and files.
• Assist with special projects as assigned.
• Demonstrate a high level of professionalism in dealing with confidential and sensitive issues.
• Perform general clerical duties including but not limited to filing, photocopying, faxing, and mailing.
• Perform other related duties as assigned by management.
• Bachelor's degree (B.A.) or equivalent, three to five years related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, Microsoft Outlook.
• Professional appearance and demeanor
• Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
• Acute attention to detail.
• Commitment to excellence and high standards.
• Ability to work on complex projects with general direction and minimal guidance.
• Ability to deal effectively with a diversity of individuals at all organizational levels.
• Good judgement with the ability to make timely and sound decisions
• Creative, flexible, and innovative team player
• Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills; able to manage priorities and workflow.
• Ability to work independently and as a member of various teams and committees.
• Demonstrated ability to plan and organize projects.
ABOUT AGC STUDIOS:
AGC Studios was founded and launched by Chairman and CEO Stuart Ford in February 2018 as a platform to develop, produce, finance and globally license a diverse portfolio of feature films, scripted, unscripted and factual television, digital and musical content from its dual headquarters in Los Angeles and London. The new studio's Hollywood output has a wide-ranging multicultural focus, designed for exploitation across an array of global platforms including major studio partnerships, streaming platforms, traditional broadcast and cable television networks and independent distributors, both in the U.S. and internationally.
To succeed at AGC Studios, each and every member of the team must exert continuous effort toward achieving these goals not only as individuals, but as a team. Practically, this means that the people we employ make wise decisions, communicate effectively, excel under pressure, are passionate about what we do, and elevate other members of our team by fostering a culture of doing rather than dividing. Our work environment is about moving faster than the competition and is best suited for people who share our values and vision.
ABOUT GASPIN MEDIA:
Gaspin Media is the entertainment production and consulting company founded by former Chairman of NBC Universal Television, Jeff Gaspin. Gaspin Media produces scripted and unscripted content for broadcast, cable, streaming and digital platforms. Two-time Emmy Award nominee for the hit VH1 series ''Behind the Music,'' Gaspin is currently executive producer on ''L.A.'s Finest,'' starring Gabrielle Union and Jessica Alba for Spectrum's OTT platform, and ''To Tell the Truth,'' which is currently in its fourth season on ABC. Additionally, Gaspin has series in development at Showtime, Amazon, Fox Network and Lifetime. Over the past five years Gaspin Media has produced more than a dozen series including ''Fit To Fat'' for A&E, ''First Impressions with Dana Carvey'' for USA and ''Match Made in Heaven'' for WETV. Gaspin is also a media consultant working for such clients as A&E, Discovery, Pilgrim Studios and Kilburn Media.
Job Code: AGC Studios/Gaspin Media Assistant
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online