Business Affairs Assistant
AGC StudiosLos Angeles, CA
Don't worry we have a lot of jobs on the site like this one;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Assistant and Entry Level Category
Browse the Legal and Business Affairs Category
Search for Business Affairs Assistant jobs in Los Angeles-CA
JOB TITLE: Business Affairs Assistant
EMPLOYER: AGC Studios
REPORTS TO: EVP of Business and Legal Affairs
SUMMARY: AGC Studios is currently seeking a business affairs assistant to provide administrative support to the Business and Legal Affairs team. This is a great opportunity for a business-minded individual looking for broad, hands-on experience with the operations, financial, business and legal aspects of an entertainment studio with room to grow in a tight-knit organization.
ABOUT AGC STUDIOS:
AGC Studios was founded and launched by Chairman and CEO Stuart Ford in February 2018 as a platform to develop, produce, finance and globally license a diverse portfolio of feature films, scripted and unscripted television, and digital content from its headquarters in Los Angeles, AGC Studio's Hollywood output has a wide-ranging multicultural focus, designed for exploitation across an array of global platforms including major studio partnerships, streaming platforms, traditional broadcast and cable television networks and independent distributors, both in the U.S. and internationally. To succeed at AGC Studios, each and every member of the team must exert continuous effort toward achieving these goals not only as individuals, but as a team. Practically, this means that the people we employ make wise decisions, communicate effectively, excel under pressure, are passionate about what we do, and elevate other members of our team by fostering a culture of doing rather than dividing. Our work environment is about moving faster than the competition and is best suited for people who share our values and vision.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Customary administrative duties, including arranging conference calls, scheduling meetings, saving files to the server, assisting with travel and expense reports
• Create and update management reports as instructed by supervisors, including maintaining a regular updated status report on active deals for weekly distribution of all development, production financing, and distribution deals.
• Review executed contracts and draft summaries of key terms for distribution throughout the company
• Work closely with attorneys regarding the drafting of certain legal paperwork and related documents
• Assist in the preparation of guild paperwork , including guild signatory applications
• Communicate in a professional demeanor over email, written letters and over the phone.
• Organize and coordinate a heavy load of documents signatures from appropriate parties via electronic signature (i.e., Docusign) or in-person, including coordinating signatures via notary services.
• Prepare and coordinate with various in-house and external execs certain items required to delivery finished films and television shows to distributors.
• Attend various meetings to discuss development and production of film and television slate.
• Coordinate file requests from other departments and making sure long-form agreements are signed on a timely basis
• Ability to work collaboratively with other members of the Operations and Content teams, senior leadership, as well as other assistants.
• Additional duties may include: maintaining/organizing files on the server, administering approval requests, tracking of past projects, coordinating IT requests, and other duties as assigned.
• Demonstrate a high level of professionalism in dealing with confidential and sensitive issues.
• Bachelor's degree (B.A.) with 1 - 2 years of work experience in the entertainment/media/advertising industry.
• Company is also open to recent law graduates (J.D.) with willingness to gain experience in many aspects of the entertainment/legal industry
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Proficient on Microsoft Word, Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Excel.
• Professional appearance and demeanor
• Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
• Acute attention to detail.
• Commitment to excellence and high standards.
• Ability to work on complex projects with general direction and minimal guidance.
• Ability to deal effectively with a diversity of individuals at all organizational levels.
• Good judgement with the ability to make timely and sound decisions
• Creative, flexible, and innovative team player
• Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills; able to manage priorities and workflow.
• Demonstrated ability to plan and organize projects.
• Health, dental, vision, short-term disability, long-term disability, and life insurances (eligible on first full month of employment)
• Eligible for 401(k) retirement plan subject to plan terms (eligible 3 months from date of hire).