Data I/O Manager
Advanced Digital Services, IncHollywood, CA
Full Time Job
Data I/O Manager
Entertainment post production and distribution facility seeking a data manager to manage the day to day file management, storage pools, and archiving processes. Responsible for the overall organization of the data storage, distribution, and archiving to near-line and off-line storage. Responsible for file naming, logging, and migration.
• Data manager to perform daily SAN file management.
• Operation of various asset and workflow management tools.
• Manage multiple large storage pools.
• Archive to near-line and off-line storage.
• File naming, logging and migration.
• Resolve issues and collaborate with other departments to achieve timely resolution.
• Follow all department policies and security procedures.
• Maintain an excellent level of service for our customers.
• Other duties as assigned.
• 5 years experience as a data manger strongly preferred.
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science or Computer Engineering a plus.
• Analytical mindset with excellent problem-solving skills.
• Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
• Proficient with LTO archive/restore in LKFS and TAR formats.
• Proficient with check sum validation.
• Proficient in Windows, OSX, & Linux platforms.
• Proficient in Excel.
• Excellent typing skills.
• Ability to work efficiently and effectively in fast paced environment.
Equal Opportunity Employer
We are an equal opportunity employer. Our employment decisions are made without regard to race, religion, color, gender, gender identity, disability, age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, citizenship, veteran, military, or any other legally protected status.
ADS is a full-service post-production and distribution facility catering to major motion picture studios, television producers, and independent production companies and distributors. Conveniently located in Los Angeles, California, Advanced Digital Services' MPAA and studio security-compliant facility supports digital media services and file-based workflows for post-production and distribution of 4K and HD content. For over 25 years, ADS has been a valued business partner with content owners for the mastering and distribution of motion picture, television episodic, documentary, advertising, and publicity materials with a commitment to service, quality and value.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will allow resumes sent in the body of the email OR as an attachment. Apply Online