Acceleration LLCLos Angeles, CA
This was removed by the employer on 8/19/2022 10:41:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Accounting/Finance Category
Search for Staff Accountant jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Search all Staff Accountant postings
Full Time Job
Composed of acquired marketing, media and communications agencies and complemented by an advisory service, Acceleration Community of Companies (ACC) was created to guide and advise clients to move quickly and more efficiently with their branding, marketing and media decisions. With ACC Advisory, the in-house consultancy practice and inter-agency team leader, ACC offers a new and integrative service approach of best-in-class specialized resources, where strategy, technology and creativity converge. With offices in Los Angeles and New York, ACC has rapidly built out much of its operating group, and several Advisory clients, including Pepsi, T-Mobile, Fashion Nova and Canopy Growth, among others.
Acceleration Community of Companies (ACC) is a marketing, communications and advisory firm that was created to guide and advise clients to move quickly and efficiently with their branding, marketing and media decisions. ACC offers a new and integrative service of best-in-class resources, where strategy, technology and creativity converge.
ACC is seeking a highly qualified, experienced and motivated Senior Accountant to join the Finance and Accounting team in our Los Angeles headquarters. The role will be responsible for assisting in all aspects of the company's accounting activities including general ledger maintenance, AR, AP, billing, preparation of financial statements, and ad hoc reporting. Our ideal candidate possesses extensive knowledge of accounting with a forward-thinking approach to process management to maximize efficiency. The role requires a minimum of 5 years of accounting experience and 1 year of supervisor experience, ideally within the media/marketing services industry.
Additional responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Support month-end closing activities including general ledger maintenance, balance sheet reconciliations and corporate/overhead cost allocations
- Assist with preparation of financial statements, budgets, and forecasts
- Oversee accounts payable, accounts receivable, billing, and collection activities
- Prepare client billings
- Assist Controller to develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- Provide training and technical support to company staff regarding financial procedures including T&E, timesheets, and other procedures.
- Assist with internal and external audits to ensure compliance
- Assist with recruitment training of financial staff.
- Ensure compliance with GAAP
- Preparation of financial analyses and any other ad hoc reports requested by management
- Review and recommend modifications to accounting systems and procedures
PRINCIPAL WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
Direct Supervisor: ACC Controller
The ideal candidate will possess the following knowledge, experience, and skill-set:
- Thorough knowledge of basic accounting procedures
- In-depth understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Familiarity with financial accounting statements
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year-end close process
- Hands-on experience with accounting software packages, like QuickBooks or NetSuite
- Advanced MS Excel skills including Vlookups and pivot tables
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Minimum 5 years accounting experience and 1 year supervisor experience
- Experience in financial reporting and/or operational accounting including maintenance of the general ledger, AP & AR processing, billing, cash flow processes and financial statement preparation
- Demonstrated team member and interpersonal skills
- Ability to multitask and work under strict deadlines in a small team environment
- Ability to communicate and coordinate with subsidiary finance and accounting staff
- Comfort working in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment
Acceleration Community of Companies (''ACC'') provides equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender or sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), national origin, ancestry, age, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, family and medical care leave status, military or veteran status, marital status, family status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. ACC will also make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities to perform their essential functions unless doing so would result in an undue hardship to the Company. Please inform ACC's Human Resources Department if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process. This policy governs all aspects of employment, including selection, job assignment, compensation, promotion, discipline, termination of employment, and access to benefits and training.