Senior Coordinator, Member Relations and Awards
Academy of Motion Picture Arts & SciencesLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
The Senior Coordinator, Member Relations and Awards, will provide administrative support to both the Senior Vice President and Senior Director, with a focus on Awards Rules, Eligibility and Campaign Regulations. Responsibilities include managing calendars in a fast-paced environment, relaying timely and sensitive messages and information, document processing, booking travel as needed, database maintenance, and projects as assigned. You will establish your own relationships Academy-wide to work more collaboratively and strategically with other departments on projects.
• In support of the Senior Vice President and Senior Director, schedule meetings, sessions, calls, make travel arrangements, and manage invoices and expense reimbursements.
• Provide support to the Senior Director on Campaign Regulations, mailing houses, and other compliance-related matters.
• Provide administrative support to Producers Branch Executive Committee, and other Branch Executive Committees as needed.
• Work with the Member Relations team on ticketing and seating, lottery, and check-in for New Member Reception(s), Governors Awards, and Oscars and other duties as assigned during the awards season.
• Manage RSVPs for committee meetings and other events as assigned.
• Other duties and special projects as needed.
• Bachelor's degree preferred.
• Prior desk experience working for a high-level executive.
• Experience in film awards and live events preferred.
• Ability to work professionally and at time discreetly with high level executives, VIPs, the Board of Governors, Academy members, and the public.
• Highly professional verbal and written communication with special attention to detail and accuracy.
• Ability to work cooperatively with other members of the Member Relations and Awards team as well as other Academy departments and outside companies.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint). Experience with relational database a plus. CRM desired.
• Ability to meet deadlines under pressure and change priorities as needed.
• Availability to work some nights and weekends as assigned and sometime with short notice.
If hired, we require all employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19, unless a medical or religious accommodation is needed as determined on a case by case basis.