Academy of Motion Picture Arts and SciencesLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
The Security Officer will ensure the safety and security of all guests, personnel, and property by creating a welcoming environment for everyone while effectively enforcing company policies and procedures. With event management playing a significant role, you will work with VIPs and manage large crowds.
• Protect the Academy's investments, enforce laws on the property, and deter criminal activity and other security related issues that may arise.
• As first responder during an emergency, manage, direct, and follow evacuation procedures to ensure the safety of guests and staff.
• Communicate with local law enforcement, fire, and/or emergency medical services as the situation dictates.
• Write comprehensive incident, injury, and event reports, outlining observations and activities during shift including monitoring fire and intrusion alarms and closed-circuit TV cameras and access control.
• Exhibit professionalism, courteousness, and respectfulness at all times while on duty, specifically when providing services to all building occupants, staff, visitors, and Academy members alike.
• High school diploma or GED required. College degree preferred.
• 5+ years security experience. Entertainment industry experience preferred.
• Prior executive protection experience required. Supervisory experience a plus.
• Experience working events and familiarity with security screening operations.
• Basic working knowledge of MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.).
• Deep understanding of the functions of security systems and technology including access controls and visitor management.
• Knowledge of legal guidelines in the area of security and public safety.
• Excellent oral and written communications skills with the ability to work with all levels of personnel, Academy members, leadership, and the public. Must pass a written exam during the interview process.
• Ability to de-escalate disputes and/or conflicts.
• Strong attention to detail with the ability to handle multiple tasks and work as a team member.
• Must have a valid driver's license and CA BSIS guard card. CPR/First Aid/AED certified preferred.
• Availability to work non-traditional schedule, including nights and weekends, and work overtime and late hours on short notice.
• Ability to lift/carry up to 25 lbs. and stand, walk, bend, and climb stairs.