Seasonal Publicity Assistant
Academy of Motion Picture Arts and SciencesBeverly Hills, CA
Full Time Job
The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences invites applications from individuals who have a career interest in public relations, who possess excellent interpersonal and administrative skills and who are organized, detail-oriented multi-taskers for the full-time, seasonal position of Publicity Assistant in support of the 92nd Oscars. The position begins October 15, 2019 and will conclude on Friday, February 28, 2020. Reports to: Publicity Manager.
• Answering high volume of phone calls, responding to numerous press inquiries and channeling calls and messages to the appropriate Communications Department team member.
• Daily media monitoring and distribution.
• Drafting press releases and media alerts.
• Assisting the Communications Department in special projects as assigned, including but not limited to taking RSVPs and working press check-in at events.
• Assisting with oversight of media covering events at any of the Academy's facilities or other venues.
• Deal directly, in person, by telephone and by email, with domestic and international press, show production and Academy staff.
• Regular office administrative tasks as needed.
• Minimum of 1-2 years of experience in public relations. Entertainment preferred.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office software, particularly Word and Excel.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Outstanding organizational and time management skills.
• Ability to take direction from numerous parties, manage multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines.
• A person with a high energy level, a willingness to take initiative and approach all tasks with a positive outlook.
• Ability to work occasional evenings and weekends.