Academy of Motion Picture Arts and SciencesHollywood, CA
The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences is seeking a qualified candidate for the position of Programs Assistant for the Science and Technology Council. The Programs Assistant will support the development and production of diverse public programming (events, screenings, seminars and lectures) to illuminate the contributions of science and technology to the motion picture art form.
This is a temporary position that will begin in March 2018 and run through the end of June 2018. Hours will start part-time, but will increase to full-time and overtime as a program approaches.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provide administrative, planning and production support for the Producer
• Research and write printed program text for events
• Coordinate licensing agreements for film clips
• Coordinate travel for program participants
• Respond to patron inquiries
• Organize details of invitational events, including creation and mailing of invitations, taking RSVPs, managing theater seating and garage parking for VIPs at events, along with supervision of reception staff
• Maintain department files and records, including event expenses, event videos, and photographs, and preparation of memorabilia packages for program participants
• Other tasks as required
Qualifications and Requirements:
• Bachelors in Film and/or demonstrated knowledge of film history with an interest in/ eagerness to learn motion picture technology.
• Previous office experience in a support role that required exceptional organizational and communication skills.
• Tech savvy with strong proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Filemaker, Keynote and working with digital photos, video, graphics, etc.
• Attention to detail is a must with strong writing, research, and editorial skills.
• Enthusiasm, commitment and integrity with a positive attitude when dealing with the public and Academy members is vital.
• Thoroughness with the ability to work quickly, neatly and efficiently under high pressure deadlines
• Valid California Driver License
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will allow resumes sent in the body of the email OR as an attachment. Apply Online