Meeting Services Associate
Academy of Motion Picture Arts and SciencesBeverly Hills, CA
Full Time Job
The primary duties of the Meeting Services Associate will be set up and tear down in all of the Academy's conference rooms and reception facilities. Meeting Services Associates are also responsible for maintaining meeting room inventory, upkeep of the building by maintaining floors, assisting with minor cleaning responsibilities, and other duties as requested.
• Daily review of Resource Scheduler to effectively plan for scheduled meetings and events.
• Review meetings and events board for daily meeting services responsibilities.
• Assist in setting up tables, chairs, food/beverage for meetings and rentals at all Academy location. Set ups must be complete at least 15 minutes prior to the actual event start time.
• Must accurately accept and confirm deliveries from vendors and caterers.
• Process department invoice and expense reports for manager approval.
• Responsible for:
o Servicing and up-keep of employee break room and pantry areas.
o Monitoring inventory by re-stocking meeting rooms and storage areas.
o Replacing waters containers throughout the building.
o Working with Executive Assistant to CEO and President to maintain executive pantry area.
o Re-ordering items to maintain inventory levels set by management.
• Assist with minor janitorial services before, during and after meetings and events.
• Clean out Academy refrigerators, dispose of trash, light sweeping/vacuuming and occasionally re-stocking restroom supplies.
• Ideal candidate will have a background working in food and beverage/catering and prior experience with building maintenance.
• Must have excellent verbal and written communications skills with the ability to work with all levels of personnel, Academy members, and the public.
• Must have the capacity to work quickly and efficiently under high-pressure situations.
• Proficiency in MS Office.
• Must be able to lift up to 20 lbs.
• Must have a valid CA driver's license in good standing.
• Ability to work weekends, overtime, and late hours on short notice.