Manager, Representation, Inclusion and Equity
Academy of Motion Picture Arts & SciencesLos Angeles, CA
Don't worry we have a lot of jobs on the site like this one;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Browse the Union & Trade Organizations Category
Search for Manager, Representation, Inclusion and Equity jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Search all Manager, Representation, Inclusion and Equity postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Manager, Representation, Inclusion and Equity? Academy of Motion Picture Arts & Sciences (Oscars)
The Manager, Representation, Inclusion and Equity will support the design and implementation of events and initiatives that ensure the ongoing prioritization of Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Accessibility (DEIA) at the Academy. Reporting to the Director, Representation, Inclusion and Equity, you will work within the Office of Representation, Inclusion and Equity (RIE). You are a strong, collaborative project manager with the ability to track and maintain oversight of multiple projects and initiatives at the same time. You understand, support, and articulate the business and social benefits of DEIA. You are skilled at building and maintaining relationships across departments and teams. You are research and data-oriented with the skills and ability to interpret large datasets and identify key trends.
• Partner with the Director in the implementation of the inclusion standards by playing an active role in the development of the submissions platform and associated industry communications.
• Support the implementation of the inclusion standards by leading submission support and data validation.
• Maintain relationships with and identify new partners and resources to support the industry in achieving the inclusion standards.
• Partner with the Academy's employee resource groups in the planning and implementation of events and programs.
• Provide support in the scheduling and planning of cross-Academy meetings, events and trainings related to DEIA.
• Manage diversity data tracking projects including analysis of trends across key focus areas including membership and supplier diversity.
• Support in the management of the Academy's supplier diversity program, following up with Academy staff and vendors to ensure accurate and timely completion of required data.
• Partner with Human Resources to maintain diversity recruitment efforts.
• Maintain annual RIE Cultural Calendar, drafting internal communications to recognize key events and moments of significance.
• Minimum of 5 years of professional experience, including at least 3 years of project management experience and direct experience in DEI related projects or work.
• Exceptional program and project management skills with a proven track record of successful program development, launch and management.
• Strong capabilities in software used for project planning, spreadsheets, and presentations.
• Proficiency in data collection and analytics.
• Must be detail-oriented with a natural ability for collaboration, efficiency, priority setting, and achievement.
• Excellent relationship building skills with the ability to manage across multiple stakeholders at various levels.
• Must be comfortable conducting and managing research projects.
• Demonstrated ability to influence, build relationships, and deliver results in a complex, cross-functional organization.
• Must be extremely flexible, proactive, and highly organized with the ability to shift priorities, multi-task, and handle heavy workflow processing.