Academy of Motion Picture Arts and SciencesLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
The Junior Accountant will primarily be responsible for the payables system, including general ledger coding, inputting invoices to the payables system, accounts receivables, writing checks and posting to system, and bank reconciliations.
• Process invoices and checks for multiple companies.
• Monitor multiple checking accounts to ensure accuracy.
• Process various types of cash receipts and prepare them for deposit.
• Process credit card payments and enter into accounting system.
• Ensure Academy members' payment dues are received and processed; resolve discrepancies with membership department.
• Assist with bank reconciliations and entering bank/financial transactions.
• Work with and support other staff members within the department.
• Ensure accurate and appropriate accounting record entries; resolve accounting disputes.
• Compile financial data such as general ledger accounts and document transactions.
• Interpret accounting policies and practices to staff.
• Manage vendor W-9's, and reporting and processing of all 1099's.
• Report weekly accounting updates.
• Interact with staff members throughout the organization, as well as vendors, who need assistance regarding payment procedures, budget codes, invoices, and payment.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting or related preferred.
• Prior accounting experience required.
• Proficiency in MS Office programs. Experience using ADP highly desired.
• Strong verbal and written communications skills including interpersonal and a high level of professionalism and confidentiality.
• Must be organized and detail-oriented with excellent analytical skills and follow-through.
• Ability to work independently, juggle priorities, and manage time to effectively meet deadlines.