Sr Projects Coordinator, Film Science & Technology
Academy of Motion Picture Arts & Sciences (Oscars)Los Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Established in 2003 by the Academy's Board of Governors, the Science and Technology Council provides a forum for the exchange of information, promotes cooperation among diverse technological interests within the industry, sponsors publications, fosters educational activities, and preserves the history of the science and technology of motion pictures.
Reporting to the Director, Technology and Standards, Science and Technology Council (STC), the Senior Projects Coordinator provides project-specific support for the department's technology and research initiatives, technical contributions, and administrative support.
• Support STC department on all technology initiatives.
• Provide project support to STC members and staff.
• Manage calendars, schedule and coordinate meetings, take notes and provide follow-up support, and make travel arrangements.
• Trade show and public event planning and logistics support.
• Website/online community maintenance and updates.
• STC lab facilities administration and technical support.
• ACES Logo Program administration.
• Working with the Assistant to the SVP, STC, bill payment and expense report preparation, expense monitoring, and small items budgeting and ordering.
• Physical asset tracking - object location, owner, and value if applicable.
• Coordinate STC activities with all required parties.
• Coordinate visitors and security notifications.
• Log electronic assets such as images and motion image files.
• File and organize documents and notices, and maintain files including data housekeeping.
• Follow retention policy for documents.
• Follow STC file naming convention for electronic id of documents.
• Provide back-up support for the Assistant to the SVP, STC.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor's degree with film emphasis preferred.
• 2+ years administrative experience in comparable environment.
• Excellent oral and written communications skills, including proofreading.
• Proficiency in MS Office including PowerPoint and Project.
• Experience with WordPress or other webpage-development systems.
• Familiarity with MS CRM or other CRM applications. Basecamp or other web-based project-management tools a plus.
• Working knowledge of QuickBooks or similar.
• Experience with computer software updates and version tracking. Knowledge of computer scripting languages a plus.
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail with the ability to work on multiple projects and meet deadlines.
• Calm, pleasant, and respectful demeanor when dealing with Academy Members, staff and external partners.
• If hired, we require all employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19, unless a medical or religious accommodation is needed as determined on a case by case basis.