Academy of Motion Picture Arts & Sciences (Oscars)Los Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
The Specialist will primarily be responsible for the payables system, including general ledger coding, inputting invoices into the payables system, accounts receivables, processing eft payments and posting to the system, and bank reconciliations.
• Process invoices and payments for multiple companies.
• Monitor multiple checking accounts to ensure accuracy.
• Process various types of cash receipts and prepare them for deposit.
• Assist with processing biweekly payrolls in ADP.
• Enter bank/financial transactions.
• Complete bank reconciliations for multiple accounts.
• Work with and support other staff members within the department.
• Ensure accurate and appropriate accounting record entries; resolve accounting disputes.
• Compile financial data such as general ledger accounts and document transactions.
• Assist in quarterly sales and use tax filings.
• Interpret accounting policies and practices to staff.
• Manage vendor W-9's, and reporting and processing of all 1099's.
• Report weekly accounting updates.
• Interact with staff members throughout the organization, as well as vendors, who need assistance regarding payment procedures, budget codes, invoices, and payment.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting or related preferred.
• Prior accounting experience required.
• Proficiency in MS Office programs. Experience using ADP highly desired.
• Strong verbal and written communications skills including interpersonal and a high level of professionalism and confidentiality.
• Must be organized and detail-oriented with excellent analytical skills and follow-through.
• Ability to work independently, juggle priorities, and manage time to effectively meet deadlines.
If hired, we require all employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19, unless a medical or religious accommodation is needed as determined on a case by case basis.