Academy of Motion Picture Arts & Sciences (Oscars)Los Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
The Security Officer will ensure the safety and security of all guests, personnel, and property by creating a welcoming environment for everyone while enforcing company policies. With event management playing an important role, you will work with VIPs and manage large crowds.
• Protect the Academy's investments, enforce laws on the property, and deter criminal activity and other security related issues that may arise.
• As first responder during an emergency, manage and follow evacuation procedures to ensure the safety of guests and staff.
• Communicate with local law enforcement, fire, and emergency medical services as the situation dictates.
• Write comprehensive incident, injury, and event reports, outlining observations and activities during shift including monitoring fire and intrusion alarms and closed-circuit TV cameras and access control.
• Exhibit courteousness and respectfulness while on duty, specifically when providing services to all building occupants, staff, visitors, and Academy members alike.
• High school diploma or GED required. College degree preferred.
• 5+ years security experience. Entertainment industry experience preferred.
• Prior executive protection experience required. Management experience a plus.
• Experience working events and familiarity with security screening operations.
• Working knowledge of Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
• Understanding of security systems and technology including access controls, and visitor management, and emergency mass communication systems.
• Knowledge of legal guidelines in the area of security and public safety.
• Well-spoken with the ability to work with all levels of personnel, Academy members and the public. Must pass a written exam during the interview process.
• Experience de-escalate disputes and conflicts.
• Detailed with the ability to handle multiple responsibilities and work as a team member.
• A valid driver's license and CA BSIS guard card. CPR/First Aid/AED certified preferred.
• Availability to work non-traditional schedule, including nights and weekends, and work overtime and late hours on short notice.
• Ability to lift/carry up to 25 lbs. and climb stairs.