Academy of Motion Picture Arts & Sciences (Oscars)Los Angeles, CA
Part Time Job
The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences invites applications from interested individuals to serve as a Parking Attendant for evening/weekend meetings and events that take place in the Academy's Samuel Goldwyn and Linwood Dunn Theaters located in Beverly Hills and Hollywood, California. Primary duties will include directing traffic and parking/retrieving automobiles for Academy members, governors, and guests that park in the Academy's parking lot and garage.
• Direct motorists to parking areas or parking spaces, using hand signals or flashlights as necessary.
• Patrol parking areas to prevent vehicle damage and/or property thefts.
• Keep parking areas clean and orderly to ensure that space usage is maximized.
• Familiarize and recognize Academy members, governors, and staff.
• Establish and maintain a friendly yet cordial atmosphere when interacting with guests.
• Work closely with Security and Theater Operations personnel as a team and in sometimes stressful situations.
• Respond appropriately to inquiries or complaints.
• Must have valid driver's licenses in good standing with the ability to drive all types of cars with automatic and manual shifts.
• Strong communication skills with experience working with customers or guests in a service-oriented environment.
• Ability to work quickly and efficiently under high-pressure situations.
• Ability to stand indoors and outdoors for long stretches at a time.
• Availability to work weeknights and weekends as needed, including overtime and late hours on short notice.
If hired, we require all employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19, unless a medical or religious accommodation is needed as determined on a case by case basis.