Unscripted Television Production Attorney
Abrams Garfinkel Margolis Bergson, LLPBurbank, CA
Full Time Job
Job Description: ABRAMS GARFINKEL MARGOLIS BERGSON, LLP - UNSCRIPTED TELEVISION PRODUCTION ATTORNEY POSITION
AGMB is looking for an entertainment attorney with 3-5 years of hands-on unscripted television production legal experience to join the firm as an associate in its Los Angeles office. The individual will act primarily as counsel for various production companies who produce unscripted/reality, documentary-style programming. The ideal candidate will have the ability run day to day legal functions for one or more unscripted television productions from day one. In addition, the individual will also have exposure to all aspects of the entertainment industry, such as scripted television, feature length films, digital and other audiovisual projects, and music. Further, the candidate will also assist other associates, partners, and clients with non-entertainment related issues, such as corporate formation and preparation of corporate documents, business transactions, employment matters, and other legal issues that arise.
Job Duties Include:
• Draft and negotiate production-related agreements, including location, talent, above and below the line agreements, third party materials licenses, vendor agreements, network production services agreements, and music agreements and provide frequent, thoughtful legal advice on potential risks and issues in a wide range of legal areas, including intellectual property/copyright.
• Review, draft, and negotiate development agreements, such as rights acquisition agreements (e.g. option-purchase agreements, shopping agreements), co-production agreements, talent attachment agreements etc.
• Assist clients with clearance of their projects, such as drafting and negotiating licensing agreements with respect to use of third party content, conducting review of creative decks, footage, episodes, and films to advise on levels of risk related to copyright, trademark, defamation, invasion of privacy, violation of publicity rights, and other potential legal claims.
• Ability to handle a high volume of work and work through projects with minimal supervision.
• Assist clients with union/guild (e.g., SAG-AFTRA, DGA, WGA, etc.) related issues.
• Negotiate and draft non-disclosure agreements, service agreements, employment, and other ordinary course-of-business contracts.
• Must have at least three (3) - five (5) years of experience serving as production legal counsel at an entertainment law firm, network, studio, or production company, in the unscripted television business.
• Strong academic credentials from an ABA-accredited law school and California Bar admission.
• Exposure to and an understanding of matters relating to intellectual property, particularly copyright law.
• A positive, tenacious and energetic can-do attitude.
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
• An excellent work ethic and commitment to professionalism.
• Must be willing to take ownership of projects and think proactively.
• Analytical, problem-solving, negotiation, strategic thinking, and legal reasoning skills.
• Strong project management, time management, and long-term planning skills.
• Strong attention to detail and ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
• Team player with ability to work on projects with other AGMB attorneys.
AGMB represents clients who seek the sophistication of a large law firm coupled with the personal attention and responsiveness of a small firm, all bundled in a cost-conscious, result-focused package. We work with a vast array of individuals and businesses, including entertainment companies, performing artists, writers, directors, producers, start-up and middle market companies, trade organizations, tech companies, insurance companies, personal services firms, hedge funds, wholesalers, distributors, transportation companies, product manufacturers banking institutions, real estate developers, cooperatives and condominiums, and law firms.
We offer a friendly and stimulating team-oriented professional environment. If you meet the above qualifications and thrive in a professional, fast-paced environment, we invite you to apply. Please send a PDF of your resume and cover letter and indicate you are applying for a position in the Los Angeles office.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online