ABKCO Music & Records, Inc.New York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 11/13/2023 4:11:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Accounting/Finance Category
Browse the Music Category
Search for Junior Accountant jobs in New York-NY
Search all Junior Accountant postings
Full Time Job
We are looking for a junior accountant (hybrid role) to join and strengthen our Finance team. You will work directly under the CFO and work closely with the rest of the Finance team and assume month-end close reporting responsibilities. You also work closely with SVP of Royalties and Analytics and other teams across the organization to provide accounting support. Come join our team if you are committed, ambitious, detail-oriented, and want to develop yourself professionally and personally in a dynamic working environment.
• Support an accurate and timely monthly, quarterly, and year end close. Including, but not limited to, preparing and posting journal entries, account review and analysis.
• Assist internal and external audit requirements to ensure clean and timely audits.
• Help with special projects and workflow process improvements and inquiries from CFO, SVP Royalties and Analytics, and other department leads and teams.
• Perform key finance role in procurement/PO process and system.
• Account for Inventory Control for Physical product.
• Profit and Loss Analysis
• Support the Account Receivables process, including processing incoming cash receipts, working with cross functional teams to process cash accurately and efficiently, research unknown receipts, implement new systems and processes.
• Previous financial accounting experience.
• Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel (pivot tables, v-look ups)
• Sage 300 ERP a plus
• Strong interpersonal and customer service skills required, including verbal and written communication skills.
• Excellent detail orientation and high reliability.
• Ability to multi-task, work under pressure and meet deadlines.
• Public accounting experience (previous Audit or Tax a plus)
• Procurement / PO experience
• SQL and experience working with large-scale data sets (a plus)
• Microsoft Access (a plus)
• BS in Accounting or Business with a concentration in Accounting/Finance