Spring Intern - Abc7 Entertainment News
This was removed by the employer on 11/1/2019 11:56:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Internships Category
Search for Spring Intern - Abc7 Entertainment News jobs in Glendale-CA
Search all Spring Intern - Abc7 Entertainment News postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Spring Intern - Abc7 Entertainment News? ABC7 Entertainment News Internship (KABC-TV) - Spring 2020
KABC-TV is an ABC owned television station (OTVS), located in a state-of-the-art facility in Glendale, near downtown Los Angeles. The station is in the #2 ranked television market in the country. Weekly, ABC7 produces over forty-four hours of local news, public affairs, magazine programs and public service campaigns. You will have opportunity to observe and participate in the daily work and operations of a major market television station.
A day in the life…
You will have opportunity to observe and participate in the daily work and operations of a major market television station. As the Entertainment News intern, you may:
• Research news topics (including online/social media news research) and pitch story and question ideas.
• Assist with social media postings.
• View and log tapes.
• Transcribe interviews.
• Observe editors, writers, producers, directors, and technical crews.
• Travel with reporters and field crews for stories and live remotes.
What you bring to the role…
• Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher.
• Experience with MS Office Suite including Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook.
• Major or previous coursework in Broadcast Journalism, Communications or related major.
• Previous external internship at a broadcast news station.
• Prior entertainment news internship.
• Prior experience writing within entertainment journalism.
• Strong knowledge of pop culture history (film, television, music, art, etc.) and current events.
• Junior or Senior-level standing, or a recent graduate within 6 months of graduation date.
• Courses taken in producing/writing/editing (Preditor).
• Thorough knowledge/experience using social media.
• Previous experience (academic or internship) in journalism (print and/or broadcast); television, news and new media production; and/or television news script writing.
About Media Networks:
The Media Networks segment includes cable and broadcast television networks, television production and distribution operations, publishing, domestic television stations, digital businesses and radio networks and stations.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ABC Holding Company, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Media Networks.
ABC Holding Company, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Apply Now This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.