Executive Producer, Innovative Daily Content
Full Time Job
Executive Producer, Innovative Daily Content (KABC)
ABC7 Los Angeles is recruiting for an Executive Producer for Innovative Daily Content and Storytelling. This EP will supervise creation and showcasing of high impact content across newscasts, digital properties and social platforms. The EP will utilize real-time analytics to direct content selection and storytelling.
• Lead the morning editorial meeting with an emphasis on real-time analytics; use PowerPoint to visually reinforce successes on TV, digital and social.
• Oversee editorial process and content creation to ensure all content is on brand, relevant and impactful.
• Design and implement strategies to ''Own the Local'' by growing engaged multi-platform audiences.
• Supervise producers and show production to innovate new storytelling styles and showcase high impact content.
• Copy edit linear newscasts to ensure clarity, creativity and accuracy.
• Manage work schedules for producers and writers.
• Minimum of 5 years news management experience in a competitive local news market or network/cable news operation preferred.
• Demonstrated ability to work under deadline pressures in a rapid, fast-paced environment.
• Excellent verbal/written communication skills and the demonstrated ability to successfully execute creative vision.
• Bachelor's degree in journalism, communication or related field, or equivalent experience
About Walt Disney Television:
Walt Disney Television (WDT) redefines the future of media and entertainment. Delivering compelling creative, great storytelling, ground-breaking technology, high-impact marketing and innovative distribution, WDT offers multiple opportunities to build a career that supports entertaining and informing the world. A key unit of The Walt Disney Company, one of the world's most admired vertically integrated media enterprises, WDT includes global live action and animation entertainment, news, owned television stations, and radio. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ABC Holding Company, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Television.
ABC Holding Company, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.