Weekend Executive Producer
ABCNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Weekend Executive Producer (Walt Disney Television)
WABC-TV in New York City is looking for a Weekend Executive Producer to oversee all of our platforms. This EP is responsible for the overall content of our newscasts, digital properties and social platforms. A successful candidate must have strong leadership skills, news judgment and excellent digital and social media abilities. You must also be familiar with the New York City news market and be able to guide, coach and mentor our staff. We need someone with a creative and competitive spirit.
• Complete oversight for the weekend newscasts and all content across our multiple platforms, including story selection, production and newsroom management while implementing innovative strategies to be competitive in the NY market
• Oversee newsroom and editorial decisions while ensuring content is consistent and appropriate
• Design and implement strategies to engage and build audiences across platforms
• Collaborate and mentor producers and newsroom staff
• Conflict resolution and engage appropriate teams to resolve any issues that arise in the newsroom
• Managing staffing needs and schedules
• Minimum 10 years previously in news production at a top 5 market
• Local television experience with 5 plus years managing a large team
• Demonstrated ability work under deadline pressures and work in a rapid, fast-paced environment
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Must be flexible with working hours and adaptable to change
• Bachelor's degree in journalism, communication or related field
About Walt Disney Television:
Walt Disney Television (WDT) redefines the future of media and entertainment. Delivering compelling creative, great storytelling, ground-breaking technology, high-impact marketing and innovative distribution, WDT offers multiple opportunities to build a career that supports entertaining and informing the world. A key unit of The Walt Disney Company, one of the world's most admired vertically integrated media enterprises, WDT includes global live action and animation entertainment, news, owned television stations, and radio. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Television.
American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.