This was removed by the employer on 1/6/2022 4:26:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Executive Positions Category
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for VP, Publicity jobs in Burbank-CA
Search all VP, Publicity postings
Full Time Job
The Walt Disney Company is a world-class entertainment and technological leader. Walt's passion was to continuously envision new ways to move audiences around the world-a passion that remains our touchstone in an enterprise that stretches from theme parks, resorts and a cruise line, to sports, news, movies and a variety of other businesses. Uniting each endeavor is a commitment to creating and delivering unforgettable experiences - and we're constantly looking for new ways to enhance these exciting experiences. Bring your individual talents here and discover for yourself why a career with Disney is the opportunity you've been looking for.
The Walt Disney Studios encompasses the creation, production, promotion, sales, acquisition and domestic and international distribution of live-action and animated motion pictures released theatrically in movie theaters around the world, streaming series and content on Disney , DVD releases, live stage plays, and music and soundtrack recordings.
Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures is seeking a Vice President, Publicity, based in Burbank, California.
Reporting directly to the Executive Vice President, Publicity, Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures, you will oversee and partner with a team of PR professionals in helping to shape the Studio's PR campaigns. You will be responsible for ensuring the integration and consistency of all PR messaging on each film title, and will ultimately be responsible for enhancing the Studio's brand and reputation globally thru the promotion of its theatrical film product.â
• Lead and manage a team of global publicists to develop and execute a robust campaign strategy for theatrical and streaming projects, with full accountability.
• Communicate business-critical directives based on that strategy to broader internal global PR and marketing teams.
• Liaise with filmmakers, talent, and their representatives on studio titles to maximize strategic participation and messaging for press coverage (interviews, taped synergy greetings etc.).
• Guide and motivate team, including oversight on photo, electronic and written materials on campaigns on select titles, including managing approval status.
• Maintain weekly calendars and reports on select titles.
• Update executives on a daily basis on the status of campaigns.
• Supervise and guide pitching strategies for brand team publicists on projects.
• Oversee all press tours for talent, filmmakers, and below the line both virtual and in person.
• Drive strategy for Multicultural and Field Publicity on premieres, special screenings, junkets, and other events.
• Develop and oversee screening campaigns.
• Anticipate and strategically respond to potential challenges facing PR campaigns; identify and leverage all opportunities.
• Oversee awards campaigns for the Oscars, Golden Globes, Emmys, BAFTAs, and Guilds, etc in conjunction with Awards Team.
• Coordinate coverage of premieres, tastemaker screenings, stunts and events.
• Create and manage global PR budgets maximizing ROI.
• BA/BS required.
• 5 years of result-oriented PR experience with an entertainment company.
• 2 years leading a PR department.
• Outstanding presentation and communication skills.
• Capable of conveying enthusiasm.
• Strong network of creative talent and press relations within the entertainment industry.
• Strategic skills.
• Creative thinker and innovator.
• Proven leadership skills.
• High level of drive.
About The Walt Disney Studios:
For over 95 years, The Walt Disney Studios has been the foundation on which The Walt Disney Company was built. Today it brings quality movies, episodic storytelling, music, and stage plays to consumers throughout the world. The Walt Disney Studios encompasses a collection of respected film studios, including Disney, Walt Disney Animation Studios, Pixar Animation Studios, Marvel Studios, Lucasfilm, 20th Century Studios, and Searchlight Pictures. It is also home to Disney Theatrical Productions, producer of world-class stage shows.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ABC, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Studios.
ABC, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.